Bottom Bath>>

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
Okay, so I usually clean the bunnies litterbox every few days, but I got really busy with midterms so this time it went for about four days. I emptied the litterbox today into a bag and then lulu like...jumped into it. I have NO clue why, it was sorta of insane.

her feet were already getting staind, as was her bottom, and it really freaked me out because I wasnt sure if it was like that before she jumped into the bag or not, and i was worried she had "poopy butt".

Long story short I gave her a butt bath. I just dipped her backside in a very shallow amount of lukewarm water...but for some reason I was an idiot and used a small amount of dish soap. I dont know why i thought it was okay, as soon as I was done I realized I should have checked to see what i should use.

I read that their skin is very sensitive. I rinsed it all out the best I could but she was really starting to get upset. Do you think she will be okay with the soap?

I've used a touch of dishsoap before - not a lot and not often - but I've had rare cases when I needed a tiny bit of help. Its always been fine.

As long as it got rinsed out really good - she should be fine. Just look for redness or any sort of irritation in the next 24 hours to see if you missed anything.

Latest posts

Back