Bot Fly Infestation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazorikr

Reaction score
I have been feeding a wild bunny and have noticed she has a big bot fly larvae embedded in her front chest. Since I am unable to touch her, how can I get rid of this thing? She only lets me feed her out of my hand or sometimes she lets me rub her nose. Once I was able to quickly snatch a tick off of her ear, but most of the time she will scatter if I move too quickly or try to touch her body. Help! What can I do? This thing is huge!

Is there a way maybe you could catch her with minimal stress? That's such a difficult situation. I would try it find a way to carefully get her into a box or something. I don't have too much experience with this matter though. How the Bot Fly Causes Warbles in Rabbits - Countryside Hope this link helps!

Without being able to handle the rabbit I don't know that there is anything you can do but wait for it to get out of there naturally.
MediRabbit (botfly info)

You could put Ivermec on the food you give her. It will kill bots. Find the proper dose online or ask a vet or someone who rehabs wild life.

Latest posts

Back