Book Keeping Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
My hubby wants me to keep records on what therabbits cost me. I was wondering if you count your lost litters. Ithink i should but hubby says no because they didn't cost me anythingbut if a litter dies then would it not be lost potential income and gounder expenses? or would it be something different?

I took bookkeeping and accounting years ago butI don't think there is any way to count it that I can think of. Itisn't income until you receive it.....so to lose it because you lost alitter .... well....you had the expense of feeding the parents - butyou never knew how many babies you'd have, the quality of the babies,etc - so it would be very hard to say how much that litter "might" havebeen worth.

Peg

i don't write down how much each rabbit eats, ijust keep track on what i spend for feed a month. The "book keeping" ijust so I know what my expenses are or income (not lol) I didn't keeptrack last year but so far this year I am definately in the red. Hubbydoesn't say to much,it's my money and he likes the girls too. I catchhim out there talking to them and giving them all some love when hethinks I 'm not looking.

Me and my sister are in 4-H and so we have tokeep records. It is actually quite easy to keep records and you onlyhave to record how much the things cost you, like for example:

1 bag of food 50 lbs. $11.49

Something like that. Then you also can have a sheet for income and all that stuff like that.

You do want to keep mortality loss records totrack production, however, up to a 25% mortality loss is considerednormal and is notrecorded ascasualty loss.

Stillborn kits can actually be frozen and sold as feeders, so are actually a potential source of income.

Pam

i dont count lost littters.you expect too losesome.i do keep track of expenses.I dont expect too makemoney, its my hobby.some people ski.I agree you have no waytoo tell what those babies might be worth anywhere from $5:bunnydance:to$100each.:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:eek:rlike some of my bunniespriceless.:mad::shock::shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:colors::colors::colors::colors::(;):?myson likes too put these on.bluebird:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I do keep productionrecordson the does, who was bred, when, kindle date, # weaned ect. I don'texpect to make any money either:D, Ienjoy my rabbits and itis a hobby for me as well.

Latest posts

Back