Bonding step 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Ok, so earlier today Cleo's cage door broke off, so I kinda fixed it, it was just temperary. We didnt think she could get out :disgust:

So when Phinn was having run around time, Cleo was so excited to see him that she broke out of her cage :scared:

So I decided, eh, im right here, lets see how it goes.

Well there was the TINIEST bit of humping done by both of them, before I could stop them.

But otherwise, it went really good! They just followed eachother around, they really like to sniff eachother's butts haha!

But, it did end on a kinda bad note, because they started cirlcing eachother, and we had to seperate them.

BUT, we did another session, and they didnt do that at all!!

They shared a piece of Kale. It reminded me of Lady and the Tramp.

Anyway, enough babbling... hehe

Love,

Silvie, Phinn and Cleo

That's really awesome,i think the main thing that you have to worry about when bonding is if they try to bite each other,and be aggressive towards each other as well

But you have none of that 'so far',which is a good sign,i hope the bonding keeps going good :)

cheryl

Just from some experience, expect getting along great, and then a fight. Just stay close and break it up quick. Try to always end a bonding session on a good note too;). Good Luck!:D

Here, read this, it has alot of rabbit behavior related issues, which could help you out alot.;) It's actually a blog one of our Administrators (Nadia, you know her:D)is conducting and reporting about, neat!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26436&forum_id=6

In case you haven't seen it, here is an entry for bonding from our Bunny 101 section.;). This may give you some tips as well. Car rides in a box are really good at slightly stressing the bunnies and they snuggle together too:D.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

Edit: This should actually be in the "Behavoir and Nutrition" section. Going to move this there:).

Thanks guys!

Its going really well. It seems like they will both put their heads down, but the other one doesnt know how to groom them. I think I am going to put some banana on their heads.

Oh, and I would put them in the bathtub, but they seem to do so much better in big areas, so should I just keep doing what im doing??

Love,

Silvie, Phinn and Cleo

Back