Bonding my 3 buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the 'skinny' on my buns.

Drizzle was here first and was a single bun for about 1.5 years. Then I decided, after searching for a female trying to make bonding easier, got Latte. I didn't start their bonding until about 2 months after I got Latte who is a male. They did fine for short periods of time in the bathtub. They also did well on the kitchen table. However, I always kept a water bottle on hand because Latte would start to sniff Driz's behind and nip at it, thus creating circling, or Drizzle will hump him. Note: They are both neutered.

Last year, I tried to do as many sessions as possible but had A LOT on my plate and the bonding sessions became less and less.

We moved into our new house in July. So far, the bunnies did great in the bathtub when we first moved in, and just recently actually did ok in an exercise pen in the bedroom. In fact, one day they were running around paying little mind to each other but still in the same room. Now, they still get a little 'squirrely' after about 2-3 hours. Last time, Driz mounted Latte's face and Latte bit Drizzle's anus. Not fun, but who could blame him!

And now we have Hazel. She's spayed (2 months ago) and she's a little over a year old. When the boys are in their cages and she runs in the bunny room, Latte grunts and boxes (he's slightly cage aggressive) and tries to bite her if she comes to close. Drizzle and her sniff each other and have even groomed each other through the cage bars (both when she's out of her cage and he's out of his going up to her cage).

My question about bonding a possible trio: where do I start?? Do I still do sessions with Drizzle and Latte in their usual spot (the upstairs tub) and do sessions with Drizzle and Hazel in the downstairs tub? The funny thing is Latte is VERY laid back. He'll groom Drizzle but Drizzle rarely grooms him back (thus the biting from frustration). I assume he will groom Hazel if they are not near his cage. So, do I find ANOTHER neutral spot to do bonding sessions with those 2 as well? Or, do I just try to bond all 3 at once?

I need advice!! Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back