Bonding 2 male rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
Is it abnormaly hard to bond two males?

Around here, they don't spay females, by they, I mean vets. But they neuter the males, so when I get another rabbit/if I get another rabbit, I'd like to get another male - would it be incredibly difficult to bond 2 neutered males?

Thanks

It depends on the individual male, but two males are a lot more difficult than a male/female pairing. They could bond, but it would take a lot of consistent, slow and patient work with them. A lot more than what a male/female bond would be.. at least in my experience the male/female clicks a lot better and faster than a female/female.

Are you sure no clinics spay females? Seems a bit odd.. have you checked out these rabbit savvy vets?

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12663&forum_id=9

I had one male- male bond that clicked instantly ..never happened again ..I personally would never plan to bond 2 males although I know some people have them.

There is one vet there, that I can call. I'll call Monday and ask about it...

I was thinking, if all else fails, I could have Ash neutered here, and then take a female across the border to a vet in Houlton, Maine, or buy/adopt one over there...

I'm thinking I'd want to do a male-female thing, just seems a little bit easier...

Any one know the general pricing for neutering in NB, and spaying in Houlton Maine?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back