Blue Tort toe nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
What color are the toenails on a blue tort EL supposed to be? White? How do you know what color toenails areacceptable on a certain animal??

You need to own the standard of perfection which you can buy from ARBA. It lists all the animals and is less than $20 I think - it comes out every 5 years or so.

Yeah, I have it....its kinds hard for me to follow for some reason...I just need a yes or no and they go on and on,lol. Ill have to do a study session tomorrow with it.

Toenails on a blue tort should be colored - white toenails are a DQ.

In general, rabbits with white feet should have white nails: white and broken pattern rabbits, dutch, dwarf hotot, rhinelander, english spot, and checkered giant.

so what color should they be? Black? Im lost. All my babies nails are white...well clear. Do they color as they get older(not sure if this is a dumb question or not,lol)

whaleyk98 wrote:
so what color should they be? Black? Im lost. All my babies nails are white...well clear. Do they color as they get older(not sure if this is a dumb question or not,lol)
Toenail color varies - pigment of some sort is required in colored rabbits. It's not unusual for a young dilute rabbit's toenails to appear very light. If they all look the same, I wouldn't worry at this point - they should develop some pigment. Obvious white toenails would be a DQ.

Latest posts

Back