bloated 4month old holland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of my friend she had a litter of Holland lops she kept three of the six, two does and one buck. I took the buck about two weeks ago and he is doing just fine, :biggrin:One of the doe's however is extremely boney on top of her and really chubby in her stomach. She is alone on her cage she has ample food, water and hay I am scared for her safety could it be bloat? If so what could she do to help the doe before it's too late? :(

It may be good to worm the rabbits. Bony condition with a big belly can be a sign of internal parasites.

I use a wormer from Pointer Hill (pointerhill.com). It's a pink liquid that mixes with their water and lasts forever. But some people prefer Ivermectin or Ivomec. I have not used these, so will let someone else suggest dosages.

Randy definitely knows his stuff; he uses Panacur at his rabbit rescue.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=50824&forum_id=16&highlight=panacur+dosage

I personally have never needed to deworm a rabbit myself, however, I did have a rabbit who had tapeworm and was given Droncit by the vet.

Becauseyour rabbit is so young and has theswollen bellyI would have her checked by a rabbit knowledgeable vet rather than deworm her yourself.

Agreed. Young bunnies have very sensitive GI systems due to changes in the gut flora that occur around weaning, and the gut microbial community takes a long time to establish itself and be stable.

Latest posts

Back