bleeding after neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bijoux

Reaction score
Bijoux was neutered yesterday and seems to be doing okay. I picked him up to check him when I got home and blood squirted out. It was watered down/thin blood but its coming from his little sacs. Is this normal. How much is too much? The ends of the incisions seems to be where its coming from. One little sac is all bruised looking so and the other one is normal colored. The bruised one is more "deflated" and the other one still is plump-ish.

Any advice would be appreciated. ie what else to expect or not freak over would help a lot.

Thanks

This sounds normal to me . Usually the sacs look different from each other..one might be a little more swollen than another maybe even for a few days.
If you noted that one side really puffed up and was reddish looking then that might be a reason for a recheck but at this time it sound to me like a normal post neuter.
Ireally haven't seen fluid leaking after the 2nd day /

I wouldn' t be worried about it

Poor thing! I can't remember even bothering Bo's little butt after the neuter - just let him do what he could and sort of kept an eye on him a bit closer.....

Hope things go smoothly! Boys are usually pretty easy from what I've seen on here.

Thanks for the reassurance, it really helps. He seems fine today. Wearing off the last of the hormones by running around the house and doing circles around me.

Latest posts

Back