Beau's re-check in Madison

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been on RO recently but just looked atthe notices on the Infirmary and am horrified at all the sad thingsthat have been occurring with other bunnies. I took Beau back toVerona,near Madison, on Nov.4th for a re-check. I had had himplacedback on antibiotics the previous week because he had a bad odor aroundhis mouth and he also seemed uncomfortable. It turns out that he neededone more tooth taken out so that makes 5 cheek teeth all in a row PLUSfood had gotten down in the gums where they had pulled the previous 4and apparently that is what was bothering him and causing the bad odor.He is on antibiotics for 2 more weeks and I am trying to rinse hismouth (just with water) daily as I am so afraid that food will packdown again. It is not easy to do this as I have to have his bodypointed toward the floor so he won't aspirate any water. I had to spendover $300.00 this time and I am very freaked out by my bills but maybeproblems will resolve now. Babette had her last dose of antibiotictoday and is much improved although I am fearful that the respiratoryproblem could come back off the meds After reading others problems Ifeel lucky right now that things aren't worse . I am fostering a youngNew Zealand male. that just got neutered. I can't adopt him but I amabsolutely in love with him. His name is Christopher and he is thesweetest bun alive..apparently never been hurt as he is very trustingand loving.

I know how you feel...seems like so many bunnies have been sick lately!

Im glad to hear Beau is doing alright. Im sorry they had to removeanother tooth, but hopefully that will be the last one. Is he eatingalright and everything?

Im also very happy to hear Babette is feeling better. How long was sheon the meds? Seems like it was for at least a few weeks.. Max is on hissecond round of meds (the doctor only gave us 10 days worth) and Ithink he needs to be on them for at least a few weeks more...

Anyway, keep us posted. I was just thinking of your two today and hoping all is well.

Your a saint for doing all this for them. I hope they appreciate you ;)

-Haley

:DBeau and Babette don't appreciate meat all ..seriously!! Babette is a gorgeous "snob" who has never givenme the time of day and Beau only has eyes for her. The have no ideathey are putting me in the poor house. My single bunny's ..Willow,Joey, Rudy and Peewee appreciate me much more than "the twosome"....Ona serious note all of this has really stressed me out. We just got twomore bunnies at the shelter and (for the very first time) I wish that Icould take a break from the shelter as it seems like I am needed athome and spending too much time there. If more of the staffwere interested in the rabbits I would take a break from it. We have alot of new people and several of them are much more receptive to thesmall animals so I hope there is a time when I feel that the rabbitsdon't depend just on me. Anyway I have my computer in the "rabbit room"so I am sitting in a room right now with a computer desk and rabbitareas behind me. All my bunnies say "Hi " toRO:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop

angieluv wrote:
:DBeau and Babette don't appreciate me at all ..seriously!!

Ha! i know what you mean!..and of all the things we do for these guys lol,but we love em to death..how could we not ;)

Anyway i have been following your threads about Beau,and i'm feelingmighty sorry for the little guy and Babette,but they have a wonderfulmummy to take care of them :)

It sounds likeyou are also very busy over there,with taking care of your bunnies and the shelter bunnies also :)

Aww lots of little paws are waving back at ya from here :Australia:

Lots of get well vibes going to Beau and Babette

and for you Angie :hug2:

ps..don't stress to much Angie..it will be ok ;)(i know it'seasier said than done though)

cheryl:kiss:

Latest posts

Back