Bailee is sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBsLittleZoo

Reaction score
Bailee's left eye is red and watery and he has been sneezing quite abit. I plan on taking him to the vet but I can't until friday. I don't get paid until then and I just ran one of my iguanas to the vet for a broken tail. So is there anything I can do until friday for him?

Is something maybe irritating him? other than that make sure it is not drafty where his hutch is and gently bathe his eye with tepid water with a bit of salt in it. Boil your kettle first and let it cool down.

hope that helps:)

I believe a cold wet tea bag is supposed to help with eye irritation.

I'm not sure what type of tea, but I'm assuming just your regular enlish/breakfast tea.

Seep the bag for a few minutes and let it cool off. Then hold it over the eye like a cold compress.

--Dawn

Table salt has impurities that can irritate the eye. You can rinse eyes with sterile saline solution (such as eye wash for contact lens users).

This may help until the vet visit.

A number of pathogens can be causing the symptoms you describe.

Pam

naturestee wrote:
How is she doing today?
Bailee's eye is a lot better. Its not as red and its not watery. Bailee is still sneezing quite abit. I have an appointment of firday early morn to get him checked out asap. Thank for all the advice!

Went to the vet today! Yikes Bailee has a cold and eye irritation.

He was put on: Trithalmic Ophthalmic Ointment-apply to eyes twice a day, Trimethp/Sulfamthzl-antibiotic twice a day, and Diphenhydramine Liquid-twice a day. My vet also said she found a small dot of cataract in Bailee's left eye. She said he was probably born with it. My vet wants to see him back in a week. Kinda a little worried but I think Bailee will be ok.

Sounds like Bailee is in good hands! Hopefully he'll recover quickly.

Are you sure the vet said there was a cataract, or might it have been an ulcer? Eye ulcers sometimes happen from eye infections but usually heal when the infection is treated.

Poor Bailee. I really hope he makes a good recovery :) It sounds like you have done everything right so far, so he has the best chance :)

Keep us updated.

He seems congested but he is eating and drinking and putting up a good fight to take his meds. I hope he'll be ok! He has to go back to the vets friday for a revaluation.

Did the vet give you any nose drops? When Georgie had a cold, the nose/eye drops really helped. I'll see if I can find the bottle that they were in.

Yikes, sounds like Bailee's got a little cold, there.
I wonder if you should have asked your vet about allergies? It is the prime season for pollen..
Ah well, sounds like he's doing pretty well and it's nothing serious, so I'm sure he'll be fine soon! :p
In the meantime... Get well soon, Bailee~! :boxing
~Butter and Diana

Baile is back to normal! He's all bouncy and jumpy. So glad he's feeling better now I can focus on one of my iguanas being sick. It never stops!:shock:

Latest posts

Back