Bad breeder???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky77

Reaction score
Hi all, well I've been patiently waiting to make my Flemish/NZ cross buck the stud to breed all of my does to. I first tried him at 8 months old- no babies. Then used him again at 10- still no success:( So now he's 11 months old, and today I tried again. With the previous attempts all he'd do was "hump" a lot, never once did the typical ending where bucks go ridged and fall off to the side screaming. Today I left him with the doe for about 10mins, and out of maybe 10 or more attempts at humping for the first time he had the typical ending, so I'm happy about that. My question is: could he just be a bad breeder? Or is it maybe he's just young and inexperienced?? Cause his dad would fall off the doe to the side, almost every time. Ok thx for any info!!

It's hard to say what's wrong with him, but have you checked to make sure he has all his 'parts' and they look normal? Not every buck is going to make noise when they successfully mate, but they do fall off to the side.

Did you also notice if your doe was lifting? If a buck doesn't finish his job quick for me it's usually because the Doe is not responding correctly

Latest posts

Back