Bad book about rabbits.... "Funny Bunny"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrabbits

Reaction score
Hi again all.

I wanted to know if anybody else seen a book called Funny Bunny. Ituses real pictures for it, and it is somewhat a informative book for Iguess kids or something but the info about the breeds is wrong. Thepictures were taken at the National Convention in Wichita. One of myrabbits is in it but they didnt even give me credit for it in the listof names in the back. They even said that the rabbit was a chinchillabreed wich she was a light grey flemish giant but I couldnt tell forsure if that one was mine, but then on another page they use anotherone of my rabbits for sure because I remember being there when theytook the pictures. It is of Mouse my light grey flemish and with alittle dwarf rabbit.. I didnt buy the book because I sure did not wantto support it but I read it at the local barnes and noble. I cantbelieve how they could print something with information that with alittle bit of research or knowledge you can see that the breed info iswrong. Glad it doesnt talk about rabbit care. Just wondering whateveryones thoughts were on this book. I cant believe that they got bywith writing wrong info.

Never heard of it, showrabbits, but I'm sure glad you gave me the heads-up on it.

-Carolyn

showrabbits wrote:
...I cant believe that they got by with writing wrong info.

Haven't seen the book you mention, but misinformation is dispensedfrequently in a lot of books, especially the relatively inexpensivebunny "guide" books that seem to abound. Many of these wereprinted by a company called TFH Publications.

The previous owner/founder of TFH Publications just pled quilty to taxevasion after having fled to a Carribbean island for a while.He decided to return and face the music, if one would believe newspaperaccounts.

Among other ploys, it has been alledged, that he "donated" musicalinstruments to the NJ Symphonic Orchestra which he placed a 50 milliondollar value upon, and took a commensurate tax deduction. Oflate, experts are beginning to suggest that the musical instrumentcollection, while valuable at an estimated $12,000,000.00, is no waynear what he claimed. I think he got away with that onebecause the NJ Symphonic Orchestra doesn't agree, especially as it wasthe beneficary of the goods, so to speak. I suspectMr. AXelrod, that's his name, will walk away from that slickmaneuver.

He was only caught avoiding taxes because of a disgrunted employeeblowing the whistle on him. As with most white collar crime,he will probably receive a minimal sentence in a minimum securityfacility.

My pointin all of this diatribe is, why would one expect sucha person to be concerned about such minor technicalities as accuracy inany of his myriad of "pet" publications and "guide books?"Fuggedaboutit!

I suspect there are many others of his ilk, just out to get the quickbuck and devil take the hindmost should some hapless animals sufferfrom printed misinformation.

Buck

no actualy that isnt it. Its wierd though thatthere is another book with the same name. The pictures had rabbits butdidnt have anything in the backround. Just color.

i saw the book at Petsmart justtonight. i just glanced at it but the info seemed shakey atbest. it seemed easy to read and to be geared towardkids. these publications really need to be checked out byparents for their accuray. sorry to hear of their use of yourpics w/o permission

I have a book that has the names of the breedswrong but itwas written in germany and translated some breedshave different names in different countries.bluebird

I've seen it, and although the breed info is shaky, the pics are adorable. Too bad about the copyright issues!

Rose

Latest posts

Back