Bad Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil angel

Reaction score
I am a bit new to this forum but i thought it wouldnt hurt to ask . I have a problem with my 1 year old rabbit , lilly . When we first got her she couldnt have been more tame , she let you hold her , stroke her and was generally a well behaved rabbit . A few months ago she went back outside after winter was over . We had made her a little run around her hutch so that she could get out , as are garden is not secure enough for her to run around freely . She has plenty of shade and seems to enjoy coming out . The problem is when we try to go in her run to stroke her she charges at you for no reason . The other day i was happily brushing her in her run and then she decided to turn around and bite me . We can no longer hold her either , as she goes mad when you lift her off the ground. We really want to get her back to the way she was again , but are running out of ideas . We also have another rabbit we are hoping to introduce her to , so that she can have a friend but at the moment this isnt very possible as we cant seem to get to near her . Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to solve this kind of behaviour of an answer to why she randomlly charges at people as they walk past . Any suggestions will be very much appreciated .

Many thanks

chelsea x

Is she spayed? Her hormones might be making her a little more aggressive. I've seen this in all three of my girls and spaying helped.

Keep in mind that rabbits are very territorial, especially those that aren't spayed or neutered. She sees you as invading her territory. For me, it worked best to not put my hands in the cage unless the bunny was out. It doesn't sound like that will work for you as she's outside and she's territorial over her run.

There's a lot of articles in Bunny 101 on aggression that can give you some more ideas.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12319&forum_id=17

Also if shes outside its easier for her to call it her territory because there will be less people around than when she lives in the house.

The house already smells like your territory so she might not develop that habit so strongly.

Latest posts

Back