Babysitting a gorgeous little bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
This is Lucy, she's a year old and of unknown petshop breed. Boy she's moody :shock:! She's very cute though. She goes home tomorrow. She is in desperate need of spaying :X.

P1000870.jpg

P1000876.jpg

P1000873.jpg

P1000874.jpg

P1000877.jpg

I'm going to miss her when she goes home, I was just starting to get her to come out of her shell. Her 8 year old owner doesn't spend any time with her and would prefer a guinea pig :?.

Awwwh how pretty!!!

Maybe you could get her 8 year old owner to come on here? :biggrin2:It's worth a try.

Becuase if her darling Lucy gets cancer from not being spayed would she be upset?

NZminilops wrote:
This is Lucy, she's...in desperate need of spaying :X.

...Her 8 year old owner doesn't spend any time with her and would prefer a guinea pig :?.
Is it a case of the boy's parents not bothering to have the surgery done?

She's cute; her story makes me sad because it seems like she has neither a bun friend nor a human one. :(

Jenk

Awww she's gorgeous! :inlove:

Now knowing that they don't look after her and don't want her would make it even more difficult for me to give her back! :? Poor little bun. I bet she's had a great week with you!

she's adorable! but now i feel sorry for her too. Jamie thrives on love from us, and he also enjoys watching/being with the cats. they go out on the back porch together, they may not play, but he does get some company:). poor little bun....:(

I really don't want to give her back :(, her hutch at their place is tiny, it's about a foot wide and tall by 3 feet long, gah. At the same time though I don't want to encourage this family (who are relatives of my step-dad) to think it's ok to just cast off old pets and get new ones, if that makes sense. I think they need to try harder to bond with Lucy.

I'm going to see if they'll join RO and get her a new hutch, or even indoor housing if possible, not to speak meanly of them though but they don't even know bunnies need hay let alone any of the other important rabbit owning issues.

Before I went to pick Lucy up I had spoken to the owner and her mother on the phone and they descriibed Lucy as a 'huge' bunny, she's barely bigger than Sakura lol! She's such a character too, she tells you on no uncertain terms how she likes to be treated :).

Latest posts

Back