Baby teething?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi! I'm not sure what's up with Pebbles. Sheisn't acting like she usually is. Everytime I come near her she wigglesher mouth to where my fingernaisl are and chews them. She's alsochewing the bars of her cage and running her teeth along them.

Is she teething? At around this age Pepsi chewed my finger nails too. Iput an alfalfa cube in there awhile back and she didn't touch it. Anysuggestions about what I should put in there? Are fresh willowbranchesok? I have a weeping willow tree in my back yard and I was wondering ifit was safe for rabbits?

Willow is fine for rabbits,but I thought thebranches had to be dry, not fresh. Lets see what else you geton this site.

tatum

Oh ok. Do you just leave them out cut for a few days in the sun to dry them them?

Also I have newspaper/shredded newspaper in myyoung lionheadscage and was wondering if it would be alright to put newspaper in mynetherlands cage? The little onenibbles on the newspaper butnot too much. I'm wondering if my netherland ate too much if it wouldcause a blockage or something?

Cana large amount of newspaper eaten cause anyharm?Is their any harmwith blockages or upsets withit?She is known to eat just about anything andsometimeseats her sawdust.

Thanks.

Back