Baby sparrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky Bunnies

Reaction score
The little guy fell out of his nest, which waslocated inside the roof tiles where wehad nochanceofputting him back and his parents never came to feed himeither, onto the asphalt in the hot sun. He looks only about 3-4 daysold just -barely- starting to feather. He has a little scrape where hefell and it's red all near the area. I'm hoping it's only bruising:?Started feeding him a mix of canned dog food, baby cereal,hardboiled egg,avian vitamins, and applesauce every 45minutes. Got him in a tupperware container with some Kleenex, inside abox on top of a heating pad on low. If anyone has any other suggestionson how to take care of the little dude, I would -greatly- appreciateit. (Keep your fingers crossed for him!)

You might want to call the wildlife rehabber to help. They have special formula for just such emergencies.

I kept a little one nourished for a short time before I could gethim/her to a rehabber with moist cat food diluted with water, fed witha syringe. That's what the animal hospital recommended.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

P.S. I took some of Tucker's supply of hay andmade a nest for the little one in the corner of a travel cage. Put asmall bowl of water down just in case.

Go slowly with the syringe feeding. Just a little at a time.

Well I found the recipe for the food and care andsuch off a website for sparrow and starling rehab. They recommendedfeeding him with an angled straw. I'll see if I can find a place but inthe meantime we'll just keep him comfy :)

Back