Baby rabbit breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
We adopted our rabbit from a shelter so they had no idea what type of rabbit he is. Anyone have any guesses? He's only a few pounds right now (still a baby). When he flops over to sleep he's not more than a foot long. If you know what type he is, is there any way to know about how big he might get?

The only pictures I have so far (more to come, if necessary):
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21199775

What a cutie!
Do you have a scale or a way to get an exact weight? Do you have an approx birthdate?

From the marking and color pattern he's got to be Dutch or Dutch Mix. Our Dutch boy weighs 7 pounds and our girl weighs 7.5. Neither of them are big, but they are a really solid bunny and they both love to do binkies and come when called.

Cute! I agree with Nancy, looks like a dutch or dutch mix : )
I have a dutch myself and he's only around 4.5 pounds. He's a little one- though he is actually a little chubby x)

Too cute!! I love the color of him! I don't know much about breeds, but I know for sure, like everyone else has already said, he is partly dutch. Dutch bunnies are wonderful, though. Ours gives kisses, lets us come right up to him without running off, and he will seek us out when we have him out of the cage.

From my experiences, all dutch bunnies act this way too. :) My wife and I went to the pet store about a month ago and there was another baby dutch just like ours and it gave her kisses right there in the store. It was precious. Enjoy the new bun! :D

Thanks for all the sweet replies! We've only had him about a week and a half now and he's given us kisses, lets us pet him all the time, does the cutest binkies and bunny flops, and has started to jump up into my lap. We totally are in love with Nibbles :)

Latest posts

Back