Baby pix!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
Got a few pix of the babes. I have decided to take pix every day to watch their progress (dont worry I wont post daily lol).

The black one is the runt, do I need to do something to help him? He keeps crawling all the way to the front of the nest and I keep putting him all the way back where he belongs. I tried to get him in between the other two so he would settle.. I really hope it works. Do runts make it most of the time?
OK Enough talky, here's some pix!

Kit 1-
Will he/she be black?
P1010452640x480.jpg

P1010457640x480.jpg

Kit 2-
What color is this? Grey? Sooo pretty!
P1010453640x480.jpg

Kit 3-
P1010454640x480.jpg

Kit 3-
P1010456640x480.jpg

Kit 2-
P1010455640x480.jpg

P1010458640x480.jpg

I was so nervous holding them, sweet little things :)

Cute!

I think #1 is definitely black. Unless there is any other colors on her.

#2 and 3 I am going to guess smoke pearl? At about 1-2weeks it should be more clear. Could also be lilac?

All of our runts have made it. He doesnt look to be a peanut so he should pull through. Just make sure to watch him everyday. Buy some goat milk or KMR just in case

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
Is it possible for any of them to get rex fur? That would be awesome.

From what I understand Rex fur is recessive. So only two rex furred rabbits will produce rex furred babies. But I dont breed mini rex. That is just what I have heard. Isnt oreo a lop? We shall see how they turn out :)

Oreo is a lop, Bugsy is a mini rex and I adore his fur!

Checked on them this am before work. The runt is small but he is getting fed, had a nice full belly. The other two are pretty big compared to him.. hoping all goes smoothly! Cant wait till they get to the 3 week fun mark!!

Oh, Maria, they are so cute!!!! As long as the runt is getting fed, he/she should be fine. I'd do as Sarah suggested, just in case his belly starts looking empty.

2 weeks is fun, too. Once they open their eyes, they start hopping/bouncing out of the nest box and chasing their mom around the cage. LOL

Oh you're more than welcome! I'm a pic whore! lol

Wendy/Sarah, thank you! I have some KMR handy, got it right when we found out. I think he'll be fine, but I will be sure to keep watching him extra closely. The two grayish ones always seems to be together huddled up and he's always on his own.. makes me sad!

As long as he's getting fed, that's what counts. If he keeps moving to the front by himself, try moving the other two to the front with him. They might stay there and then they'll all be together.

I will try that if I get home and he's in the front again.

I'm worried that she'll smoosh them though. Sometimes she gets excited and races back and forth from the cage and just randomly hops in there.. she wont squish them will she?

Latest posts

Back