Baby Lops Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacygirl

Reaction score
For those who been following with the update about my mini lop Julie and her five baby. They are all doing great. There three boys, two girls. There are chestnut agouti, broken chestnut agouti, lilac otter, broken lilac otter and a some kind of almost pure white with little spot there and a butterful nose etc. They are now two week old very cute and friendly sincce we handle them when they were born.We are keeping two of them the white and lilac otter. I posted on my website. :bunnydance:

Congrats! I didn't know you could get agouti and otter in the same litter - shows you how much I have yet to learn about genetics.

Since you have lilacs in the litter - that means both parents carry chocolate and dilute - how nice!

Peg

I check on lop color guide with photo of all colored lop come in. Lilac otter is not accepted by arba yet. But chestnut agouti is.

That's a good idea to do that - I check on colors too sometimes.

I just meant - I didn't know that it was genetically possible to have a litter with both agouti and otters in it since they are from different color families....at first I thought maybe your otters would be lynx (a dilute of chestnut).

But as I said - I have so much still to learn with genetics. :shock: I know the basics and the various color "families" (agouti, tan, etc)...but I still struggle with knowing what can go with what.

Peg

Legacygirl wrote:
I check on lop colorguide with photo of all colored lop come in. Lilac otter is not accepted by arba yet. But chestnut agouti is.

Sounds like they are doing wonderful!

ILOVE otters and would really like to see pictures of your babies- especially the broken lilac otter. I don't think I've ever seen that color before.

Ohhh they're so cute legacy girl. I looked at the photos and just wanted to say that the little broken you have marked as a lilac otter doe appears to be a broken butterfly agouti not lilac and also Anakin is a charlie chestnut not a pointed chestnut,

sorry if i sound rude just thought you might like to know,

-Chante

Latest posts

Back