Baby Food Flavor Suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Which baby food vegetableflavors work wellfor an ill bun?

I don't want to go with anything high in sugar, since Emma doesn't eat fruit (or anything else high in sugar).

Thank you,

Jenk

I actually really prefer canned pumpkin (100% pure) to baby food. Its much higher in fiber and lower in sugar. If you really want to try baby food I would go with something simple like apple or carrot or banana but they will all have more sugar than pure canned pumpkin. I usually stick to canned pumpkin and pellet slurry when I have a bun who's being fussy with food, and then flavor it with a little baby food for taste.

Haley wrote:
I actually really prefer canned pumpkin (100% pure) to baby food. Its much higher in fiber and lower in sugar. If you really want to try baby food I would go with something simple like apple or carrot or banana but they will all have more sugar than pure canned pumpkin. I usually stick to canned pumpkin and pellet slurry when I have a bun who's being fussy with food, and then flavor it with a little baby food for taste.
That said, I'll go with syringe-feeding pumpkin tonight. (I did get Emma to eat it once before without a fight; so I think that she likes it.)

Jenk

I totally agree with Haley . I gave up the canned baby food a long time ago. Pumpkin is easy to syringe and mine actually like it. It also has a lot of fiber.

When Clover was a baby, I used oatmeal with bananas and applesauce to get her to take her food..... it worked very well.

Otherwise, I use pumpkin.

Back