Baby bunny with skin issues! help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelynne1991

Reaction score
Hello. I have a baby bunny that is looking way different then the rest. It has little bald patches it looks like. Can someone tell me if this is normal for their skin?!

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpeg
    IMG_5152.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5151.jpeg
    IMG_5151.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5150.jpeg
    IMG_5150.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello. Can someone tell me if this bunny’s skin looks normal? 😫 or what is going on? Just a couple days old.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpeg
    IMG_5152.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5151.jpeg
    IMG_5151.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Keep an eye on it. Sometimes the fur on some kits, won't grow in normally at first, but then starts filling out in the next week or two.

But if the skin starts getting really dandruffy or have crusting or lesions on the skin, it could be fur mites or possibly fungal dermatitis, and you would need to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet on how to best treat it in such a young rabbit.

Medirabbit: skin conditions

https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/

Tha
Keep an eye on it. Sometimes the fur on some kits, won't grow in normally at first, but then starts filling out in the next week or two.

But if the skin starts getting really dandruffy or have crusting or lesions on the skin, it could be fur mites or possibly fungal dermatitis, and you would need to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet on how to best treat it in such a young rabbit.

Medirabbit: skin conditions

https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/
Thank you for your input. I was worried about some sort of skin infection. It looks about the same today. Baby is eating good and seems okay.

Some are born with fur problems--bald spots, also known F1 type or like Mr Bigglesworth, an F2 with almost no fur. We had a little Rex that would go bald on the back of his neck when he shed then would fill back in--they can be perplexing.

Some are born with fur problems--bald spots, also known F1 type or like Mr Bigglesworth, an F2 with almost no fur. We had a little Rex that would go bald on the back of his neck when he shed then would fill back in--they can be perplexing.
Thank you! All the baby’s fur came in and it looks healthy. Maybe just a late bloomer compared to the others.

yep some babies can be worrying sometimes. My friends rabbit had a kit and its fur grew strange, but when it got to about 3 weeks, its fur turned out the same as the others.

I'm glad the kit is doing well

Latest posts

Back