Baby bunny not eating/pooing but drinking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcarlaxwhippx

Reaction score
I just recently bought an 8 week netherland dwarf buck and have had him a few days now but he is not eating any food. We have tried multiple types but will not eat so he there for does not pooh. He has been drinking and weeing but I am very worried and don't know what it could be. He has no signs of bloating and hasn't eaten anything he shouldn't as he is a house rabbit. He has also been grinding his teeth very loudly, checked him for injuries in case he was in pain but everything seems fine I am very confused already have a year old albino netherland dwarf buck and have never had this problem. I keep them seperate so I know he has not been injured by him. Help!!

get a bottle of liquid baby gas meds with the active ingredient of simethicone and give him at least 0.5 ml dose of it. You can repeat this dose every hour x 3doses

Mylicon liquid gas drops , infant liquid gas X drops are 2 familar brands.

also get some probiotic benebac for small mammmals( petsmart) in the small tubes and give him 1 small tube

Babies this young can go down very quickly :(;
Also get some infant pedialyte and/or a generic electrolyte drink for children and give him frequent small amounts of fluids. like maybe 1 cc per hour or so
if you have a rabbit savvy vet please take him to the vet but do this protocol for now

I am giving you the treatment for gas which he may or may not have.

this needs to be done pronto

have a rabbit vet examine ASAP--the teeth grinding is an expression of pain--may have motility issues. Any gut issues, especially in one so young are very serious.

With a bunny that young, I don't like to take any chances. A vet should be seen ASAP.

Latest posts

Back