Are they fighting now?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score
I don't understand this. I was downstairs with the boys last night and they were playing and cuddling like normal but then Acorn decided to bite Henri's boy parts! I have no idea what this is about. Henri just hopped away a little bit and didn't really do anything about it but then Acorn did it again. I picked up Henri and found that Acorn had actually bit him! I wasn't sure what to do about the whole thing so I seperated the boys because I couldn't let Acorn keep biting Henri.

I took Henri upstairs and cleaned the bite. It doesn't look that bad but I am not sure what else I should do about it. Should I be putting anything on it?

Why do you think Acorn decided to go after Henri's boy parts? I just don't get it! Should I keep them seperated now? I have some pictures of them together cuddling last night that I will put up later. . . they don't look like two bunnies that aren't getting along, and I know this is the first time this has happened because I groom Henri everyday.

Oh no!! Not Acorn and Henri! I've been having such high hopes...In fact, I still am.

I'd say maybe seperate them while they are not being supervised, this might be hormonal. When you can be there, put them together and see how they react.

My two nip at eachother at times but they have not bitten or hurt each other. It seems like they are just playing.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Jackie :hug:

That's what I was thinking. I have them seperated now but when I get home I plan on letting them out together. I just am so confused about why this happened all of a sudden. I really don't want them to lose the progress we've made already in the next couple of weeks. I have an appointment to get them in for a wellness check on feb second and the woman there said I should be able to get them neutered that week. I just switched bunny vets (the new one has better prices and better recommendations) so now they have to go through another wellness check there before they will do the surgeries. . . I can't wait until they are neutered!!!

Here's a video I got of Acorn biting Henri. I happened to be playing with the camera right then so I caught him with it.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/melsld/?action=view&current=MOV01433.flv

Let me know if you can't see that. I am not sure what the best way to post a video is so I just posted the link for you guys.

I apologize for the questions but there are so many bunnies on here that it is hard to remember who is who and what rabbits are certain ages, etc.

How old are your rabbits? The reason I ask is because when their hormones kick in (anywhere from 12 weeks old and up - and sometimes even younger) - bucks will fight and they will try to neuter each other. Sorry - but that is a fact of life for rabbits - they want to be the dominant one (just in case there are any females around) and that is the way they make sure they are the boss.

I had littermates that slept together and played together and were oh so cute together. Then - their hormones hit as they matured and suddenly they wanted to kill each other. Although I had them neutered - they never did rebond as one was always more aggressive.

I would definitely keep them separated until they're both neutered and had a chance to heal up.

Peg

Henri is about ten months old and Acorn is a little over a year I think so both their hormones were already in full swing by the time they met. I just don't understand because they have been living together for two weeks (and had been meeting everyday for atleast the two before that) with no problems at alland then all of a sudden this. . . I'm seriously hoping that I can get them in to get neutered on the 4th because I don't want to have to wait anymore!! I am just worried that they won't get along now after the neuters. . . bunny hormones are frustrating!

Back