are rabbits colorblind??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
i was just wondering the spectrum of colorsrabbits can see because i just got my hair colored today and it is alotdifferent then i normaly get i have large chunks of red blackand blonde. and it seems lyla dosent reconize me normally shewill come lay on my lap and let me pet her but today she wouldnt comenear me.

so i was just wondering do you think it could have to do with theintensity of the colors in my hair or can they even see colors?

thank you sara

Hi gjsara,

I had read once that a study was done in the 70s that it was determinedthat rabbits can see colors with limited ability. They may not perceivegreen and blue the same way we do, but they can tell them apart.

Will definitely read Pamnock's reference article as I really like Dana Krempel's research. Thanks Pam!

-Carolyn

Very interesting link Pamnock, I just readsomething along the sames lines a day or two ago. I thought it wasinteresting that they have that blind spot right in front of theirnoses, thats why they look so goofy when I put a treat right in frontof them. They keep following my hand instead of noticing the treatright in front of them.

Fergi's mom

Latest posts

Back