Are flower petals ok for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
My hubby bought me some roses and I thought it's be cute to see if kirby would like to smell them. He took a few sniffs and then took a few nibbles of the petals! These are commercial flowers, not grown in someones garden or anything. Is it ok to let him chew on flower petals? Stems?

Our Buttercup loves roses (the petals). I have a really cute picture somewhere of him eating my roses.

Just make sure they aren't dyed.

Susan :)

Roses are fine, though I wouldn't feed the commercially grown ones. They are usually treated with pesticides etc.
If you want to feed flowers, make sure they are not sprayed or treated.

If he bought them from a commercial place, they probably aren't good for him because they have been fertilized and pesticides have probably been used on them.

If you grow your own or know someone with a garden that does not use fertilizers or pesticides, then they are great treats!! Mika and Sasha are getting 2 roses a day right now, because my rose bush is in full bloom. They love them--they eat everything right down to the leaves!!

Latest posts

Back