April Litters- Post here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I should have posted this earlier this week - but who's having April babies?

Peg

Me i hope! Due the 28th if she is, think sheprob is to be honest! Will post so much if she is as i know she doesn'tmind me touching the kits now i can take great pics!

My Dusty is due on the 19th, palpatated this morning and its looking promising :D

I bred her to a chocolate otter buck so should be interesting to see what she has.

-Chantel

AllI can say is WOW!! First time Momkindled yesterday afternoon. I though I counted 8 but I just did aquick look as she was very nervous. Today after giving her some hay Itook the box out and recounted and recounted and recounted again. Shehad 12!! they are all the same size except for 4 which are bigger. Icouldn't find a runt in the bunch. She did everything right and todayhas calmed down and seems very proud of herself as she should be.

med_gallery_732_157_35481.jpg

My second doe kindled 5 huge babies today, allwhites. This was a test breeding with Wannbe to see if he was capable.I didn't think she took as he didn't fall over or anything. He just gotoff and thumped his feet. Should I change his name from "wanna be abuck" to "I am a buck" I could call him Iam :DNo pics ofbabies as Mom is very agitated and when I open her cage she attacks thenest box,I think she is trying to moved it to a safe place.Now I'm waiting on my flemish who just refuses to have babies...:?

Ohh-12 ur so lucky. Dusty finally had her kitson the 20th after a very anxious 24hrs on my behalf coz I was 800kmsaway and she was late for the first time ever! But she had 3 absolutelyperfect babies which was a bit of a surprise for me as she's neverkindled under 9. Still I'm just happy that she had them all safely,will get picks soon as she's being unusually possessive.

- Chantel

we had 4 litters born.my black otter had 3,2peanuts and 1 i fostered but it died.my himi had 3 only 2survived.my orange doe had 2 born dead and i just found the last onedead.my broken doe had 2 live babies.bluebird

Jill---you might consider fostering 3-4 of thelarge litter to the smaller litter. Both mommas will do finewith 7 or 8, but my experience has been that a litter of 12 will loseout a fair bit in the growth department. When theyare little its really easy and with an all white litter you can movecolored babies to her and easily keep track of who's iswho's.

I thought about fostering some but Jersey seemsto be doing an awsome job, all 12 have nice really big bellys. Chinneyon the other hand although she is doing a good job is still veryagitated and has a wild look in her eye. I think I'll just leave herwith her 5.

One of my harlequin does just kindled 10 on day29. She surprised me and kindled early and while I wasfeeding. I got to watch again. Such a level-headedgirl to allow me to supervise!!LOL. The babies are from a newbuck. I'm anxious to see what my black magpie doeand my blue japanese buck produce. I knowat least one had a wonderful facial marking, but didn't check theothers too closely as she was a bit anxious today(understandably).

Well, I have not been here in a while. I ampretty new here and I have read alot but have not posted much. My doehad one single her first time and it was huge and we think it was borndead. We waited a month and then rebred her. This time, we had a propernest box and everything ready. A couple of days ago, she started makinga nest in the box. I knew her due date so I was a bit concerned shewould have them early. But she was just being prepared I guess.Yesterday was day 30 and I went out to feed everyone, we have goatstoo, and she was acting a little strange and had pulled some hair. Ichecked the nest box, although she was not too happy about it. Nobabies. So I get her a little hay and put in the cage and when I do, Irealize she is in the nest box and is pushing. I was amazed. I havenever seen a rabbit in labor. She pushed for about 10 min. and then gotout. I could see there were 4 babies in there. I was so excited andlooking at them, I did not even realize she was still having babies.She just hopped out of the box and then hopped a couple more times andthere was a baby on the wire under her. I had to get it and she wassort of guarded but I moved her off the baby and put the baby in thebox. Then she hopped a couple more times and another one came out. Itwas at the back of the cage and I could barely reach. All I could do isgrab the skin on its back and pick it up to get it to me. I put it inthe box. Then she appeared to be done. I covered the nest with the firshe had in there and I ran to the house to find my DH. Took me about 10min. to find him and wash my hands and all. Like I said, I figured shewas done. She was just cleaning herself up. I get back out there andshe has had another one on the wire and it was dead. I also checked onthe ones in the box and realized one of them was dead. It was thebiggest one. Looked like its bottom half was almost black looking,which I did not know if it was his color or from lack ofoxygen. Anyway, she had 7 and lost 2 but they seem ok rightnow. I never saw her feed them but I am hoping for the best. She is anew mom. I brought her whole cage inside for a couple of days, it ishot during the day but cooling off a bit at night and I worried thatthe change back and forth may make them sick. I will slowly acclimatethem when I take them back out. So right now I have my family room fullof baby bunnies, baby chicks I hatched and some more eggs in theincubator. Whew! what am I thinking. This will be the only baby bunnieswe will have. I don't plan to breed her again. She will be fixed and bea pet. She is a bit cranky, if you know what I mean. So I guess Ibarely made the April list. I will get pics up as soon as I can.

Marie

Back