Anyone in Victoria BC?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

Personally, I don't know who all resides in Victoria, but you might try clicking "Victoria" in your location, below the avatar. It should bring up a list of members that have Victoria listed in their locations. Hope this helps!

One of the Admins of the site lives in Victoria! Jordiwes.

I believe she's MIA till monday due to a missing laptop, but she should be back soon. You could try sending her a PM.

I'm located across the water in Vancouver. There are quite a few members in BC on this forum.

A search of the members based on locations would help too.

Do you have a specific question that a local member could help you with?

--Dawn

She shouldn't need her nails clipping for a few months yet :) by then you might feel more confident, and found someone else that might be able to help you (if you can't find anyone this way).

At 5 weeks old she will probably have needle nails, lol, they will probably be quite sharp.

You ideally want to cut them to a couple of mm longer than the vein(called the 'quick', which is something I learnt today lol)that you will be able to see inside thenail (if they are black nails, then it was suggested on another thread to shine a torch through it).

Does that make any sort of sense?

I can't recall cutting any of my bunnies nails until they are maybe 7 months old +

Yeh they will. They will thicken as she gets older. Someone I know gave their baby buns a tile (not a smooth one,but one with ridges, like one you might find on a patio) and the bunny used to scratch her nails down on it.

Not something i have done, byt if it bothers you, maybe worth a try?

the bottom of her cage is ridged, and she has a log hut thing that she climbs all over (a week ago she fit in it!) Her nails should be fine, I just thought they were a little sharp...and they are! LOL.

Hmm... you have a 5 week old bunny?? Do you have the mother as well? If not... how did you end up with a bun that young?

:?

I bought her at a pet store. She was only 5weeks when they got her. Apparenty, although illegal, they sell them as young as 4 weeks. She's 6 1/2 weeks now, and doing good. Hopefully she doesn't have any health issues later on from being separated too soon. I've done lots of research though and I know what too look for.There were like 15 bunnies at this store. I don't know if they were all related, but they were selling them no matter, so if I hadn't taken her someone else would have.

Pet stores are so bad for that! Glad to hear you're looking out for her and she's doing well. I know how those baby nails are - even at 8 weeks my baby Charlie was scratching the heck out of us - now it's not so bad.

I can't wait until her nails thicken! LOL. I love her lots, she's very sweet! She even give bunny kisses. She loves having play time in our kitchen, which is fully rabbit proof. She has her own page in the bunny blog section if you want to see her. Her page is "Joey's Page". She's a cutie!

Back