Anyone else use concrete form tubes or have more ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubysmom

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else uses the concrete form tubes that you can get from hardware stores? They are big cardboard tubes that you use to pour concrete into to form posts and stuff. My guys love them! Hazel, my "ADD" bunny, goes racing through them like crazy. I get the biggest size so my ten pounders fit through with no problem. I want to give them some new stuff to do and they like things to race through...any ideas?

I haven't used those, but I have little buns (5 lbs and under) and they love those long refridgerator soda boxes. Sometimes I make mazes with them, and they race through, dig, shred, push hay around, etc.

Bigger boxes with holes cut in them are great too, especially with hay or newspaper inside.

Also, I have dragongrass mats from Pier 1. I used zip ties to turn them into little tunnels. I used the small size with my buns, but they sell a larger size that might work well for you.

I would like to try the concrete tubes, except that the ones near me have a layer of it seems like a thin layer of plastic on the inside, and I'm worried about my bunnies eating it.

I've heard that the boxes that florescent tube lights come in are prime bunny tunnel material. :)

I can't seem to find the thread that had a picture of a bunny in to show you, though! Weird...I can usually find just about anything! LOL!! :D

maherwoman wrote:
the boxes that florescent tube lights come in are prime bunny tunnel material.

10911.jpg

10912.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Pet Bunny, is that an Aldrich chemical catalogue? I work at an Aldrich chemical plant!:D

Makes a nice weight, doesn't it?;)

And now back to your regularly scheduled programing.
:ph34r2

My dad's a plumber and has familythat ownsa big commercial construction company so I can easily get PBC pipe. I got this one for Zoey since she's the only one that will fit, LOL, it's scrap from stuff my dad used at our new house.

zoeytunnel1.jpg

I also managed to aquire a 6' long 14" piece that my dad had intended on using for the laundry shoot which wasn't put in, so it became the new toy!

bunnytunnel.jpg

spicenewrun8.jpg

My bunnies LOVE it. But Mocha never gets to go in it anymore, Zoey is a tunnel hog. :shock:

rubysmom wrote:
Where do you find the fluorescent light boxes?
If you have no access to the boxes at work or a commercial building, you can try a lighting store.
I am sure they throw out lots of empty boxes.

rubysmom wrote:
My guys are pretty big...about 10 pounds each...would they fit through it?
You might be amazed how tight they can fit into small spaces. :D
If they can stick their head in, then the rest will follow. :shock:

Pebbles can go in forward and come out backwards. :foreheadsmack:

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny, that's the one! Thank you! :)

Come to think of it, my boy Hazel has been in some tight spots. You know the large cereal boxes that they sell at warehouse stores like BJ's or Costco? They come with two bags of that cereal in it. Well, I put one of them in their room for them to rip up or play with (neither of which they do, they just chin rub it all the time). Hazel squeezed all ten of his pounds into it AND managed to turn around! If I didn't see it myself I would never have believed it.

Back