anyone else going? Cobleskill show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
How many of us are going to the show in Cobleskill? I almost forgot to enter, thankfully they do have email entry.

I'm bringing mostly dutch, but a trio of holland(two does, one buck, all brokens my solids are all molting). I've got a few more dutch that i want to sell, or rather have to before I move so They'll be there and showing so I cna get comments written for them for prospective new owners to look at. It is a shame my little torts aren't ready 5 of the 7 are gorgeous, but they have to wait until I get to Kentucky.

SO who's going and what breeds are you bringing?

Awww. I can't make the Cobleskill show! That is the same weekend as the double Flemish Specialty show in Cortland... Please let us know how it turns out and how you do. I hope the weather is good!

When are you moving? Kentucky is beautiful!

I won't be going but my friend is offering to take some for me so I will probably just send 2 with her; a Steel Dutch Doe anda Self Jersey Wooly Doe... I am excited to see what the Wooly will do as she was BRIS this weekend at the Goshen Fair!!!

Sharon

Cobleskill is my last show in NY, I should be in Kentucky on the 22nd or 23rd, from there I've found a few shows in the spring to attend. *sigh* I'm nervous now.

Well good luck at the Flemmie SPeciality!

Kentucky is a buitiful place to live! Its kind of soon afterwords but on the 26th there will be a show in Charlestown, IN. Not too far away from KY. I'd be great if you came, its a lot of fun. But I know its really soon after.

Good Luck at the Flemmie show! and you at your show B_A
Karlie

I think I did fairly well considering. BOSV in Gray Dutch with my junior buck, BOSV with my Tort Senior Doe. I had the only Senior Blue buck there, and out of the Three senior blue does, I had two of them and the third one was a daughter of my blue doe(Mother and two daughters) that my BFF owns, so we had Blue Seniors covered.
Sharon, your steel doe is GORGEOUS. my junior steel doe didn't stand a chance against her, but at least I got second, only to your Senior doe, the father to my steel(a steel buck) was scratched/DQ'ed out, so we had the only two steels. My blue junior buck, my black junior buck were both very promising, but I still have to sell them, I can't take them with me.
So all in all, I think my day went very good. Cindy got 2-1st's and 1-2nd in her English Spots. *squeals* i'm jsut excited, that's the first time we've ever done that well.

I was sad that I didn't get to go but I was at a fair with 17 of my rabbits. The fairs are where I make money so I usually pass on rabbit shows but my friend offered to take some.

Thank you for the compliment Blaze! I tried to breed her to one of Paul Jurgelonis'sgraysbut she didn't take so I will try again with one of my bucks.

BTW, who won the Dutch shows?

Good luck with your move and have a safe trip :)

Sharon

Show 'B' was the Black (Senior?) buck, i got pushed too far away from the table during show 'A' to recall that one. It wasn't the blues, that I do know. What blues and torts were present weren't that great. I mean my tort senior doe did well and she's not that good at all. Very busy the first half of the day, apparently not too many people entered show 'B' that or we got lucky that the cavy tables (which were long since done by show'B')were next to the dutch show 'B' table.

How was your fair? I bought my steel buck from Bethany Brown, who had your steel doe. Maybe our two steels are related at some point?

How was Your flemie speciality?

Cool....I love Bethany. She is a sweetheart. Our steels are not related. I got mine by accident when I tried for grays. I bred a Black buck to an Opal doe. Go figure :)

My fair went ok. I don't show my good show stock at the fairs as they have to stay there for the duration of the fair. I won Best of Breed in both Dutch and Jersey Woolies...go me.......LOL...I had the only ones!!!

Are you going to the Dutch Nationals in the spring?

Sharon

IF that's the one Mr. Brown was telling me about in Ohio, then yes, I'm only 4 hours from Tiffin Ohio(my sister lives in Tiffin) I may not bring anything with me, maybe one of my tort babies that I have right now, they'll be seniors then, but they look good, probably my Gray buck and my steel doe.
I'm excited, I can't wait.

Latest posts

Back