Anyone been to a show lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be going on Sunday (26th) to a show... Del Mar, CA(I've linked the show Catalog if anyone is curious on what those look like or how show's are entered).

I won't be entering any rabbits though... I'm going to get some registered as well as visit with some "rabbit-habbit" friends. Just a relaxing day at a show - haven't done that before!...LOL!

I went to the rabbit show at the Florida State Fair this past weekend. It was an ARBA sponsored show. I really enjoyed watching the judging. I had never seen rabbits judged before. Here is a small selection of the rows and rows of rabbit we saw:

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

b6d0df9a.jpg

b79d814b.jpg

0ab1bd14.jpg

57bb4f78.jpg

e168df07.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

I was suprised at how the different breeds interacted with you. The Himalayans were the friendliest, followed by the Hotots. The larger breeds, like the French Lops, just kind of laid there. I had soooooo much fun.

I went to the Cumberland County RBA show in Auburn, Maine yesterday. I took Best of Breed Dutch with my black junior buck. My friend took Best of Breed Mini Lop in the Specialty show. It was a great show overall. Looking forward to my next show on Mar. 5 in Taunton, MA. Anyone interested in a catalog or directions to the show, contact me.

Sharon

I showed in Peoria, Illinois, on the 19th. My chin MR buck took BOSV. I am still new enough to showing I am not totally sure about what that means, I know he beat the chin Sr. does at any rate. That was my first win of any kind, pretty cool.

BOSV means Best Opposite of Variety. So therefore, your chin mini rex buck was Best Opposite Chinchilla Mini Rex. A doe (either the Sr. or the Jr.) beat him to be BOV - Best of Variety Chin.

Congrats, Sharon

Yeah, he (Duke is his name) has exellent type, what kills him on the show table is his coat. I have only had him a few months, so I'm not for sure how he was housed before. Anyway,
he has an almost tannish color on part of his sides. I think he may be sunburned, I'm really hoping when he molts his color will be better. I have a black doe that has a better coat than he does, better density too, I'm going to breed them together soon. She has pretty good type as well, she is of my own breeding. She came in fourth in her class on Sunday.

Back