Anybody here who needs alfalfa based pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
I have a total of 35 lbs of alfalfa based pellets. I got a 10 lb bag from last month. I got it when I got my rabbits who are 6 months old. I didn't know what to feed them then. Then, today I bought a 25 lb Manna Pro. It turned out this was also alfalfa based. They are already opened, but I put them in a tight lid container. I live in a north suburb of Chicago.

Most pellets are alfalfa based even the top end Purina rabbit chows are alfalfa based. There is nothing wrong with that. Alfalfa hay on the other hand can give your rabbit kidney problems, and excess energy/fat if fed regularly. Feed grass hay for their chewing need and pellet for their food needs.

Most good pellets contain SOME alfalfa but more timothy than alfalfa. I wouldn't want to use pellets that contained more than the 0.80% maximum calcium that both Oxbow & Kaytee contain.

Would you want to donate them? I'm sure RedDoor could use them. They're in the far northside of Chicago. You can find their contact information on the internet, including from petfinder.com.

Back