Anybody Ever.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
I was feeling sorry for smudge today. His anoutside bunny and has a cage and a run but the run is seperate from thecage so i put him in there for a hour or two in the lateafternoons/evenings. When he is in his run he just chills out a seemshappy but when he is in his cage i feel sorry for him cause it'sgetting really hot and humid and he just looks bored and hot.

I would leave him in his run for longer but i like to bearound when his in it just incase anything happens like next doorspuppy comes out.. So when i go out in the day or whatever i leave himin his cage and he just looks so bored. It was like soo hot in theretoday and he was just laying there when i opend the cage to give him acarrot and give him some cool water he really wanted to get out.

I feel so nasty, anyone else feel like this?

Rachx

try giving him a frozen water bottle for him tolean against when it gets hot (over 80 degrees farenheit is dangerousfor a bunny).sorry i cant be of more help but my bun is an indoor bun.

Hi R, Welcome to the forum.Isaw pictures of your little Smudge on another thread. He sureis a handsome fellow! :) Do you have any toys in his cage forhim? Also do you have things for him to chew on?Bunnies like toilet paper and paper towel rolls to chew on.You can even stuff them with hay. There are some posters whostuff them with hay and put rasins in the middle of theroll.They like to chew on apple wood. Ialso buy something called lava bites. Some bunnies likestuffed animals. Try some baby keys or rattles. Ibought something called baby links at Walmart. They are Cshaped and you can connect them together and hang them from the top ofthe cage. I also put the baby keys on the end of the babylinks. Some folks buy hanging bird toys. These arejust a few suggestions but it may help you out in some way. Iknow, I worry about mine being bored while I am at work allday. Oh, yes, some buns like to play with balls.Take Care Beckie

Thanx for the reply's. Ive got some wood chewthings for him and a rattle toy and he has a soft toy too lol. I willmake some things for him to play with i think like was sugested, hidingtreats and things in toilet roll tubes. I will also try the ice thingwhen it gets too warm, thanx for the help. Before we know it we will beworrying about it being to cold for them lol

Rachx

Back