Any thoughts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1220smith

Reaction score
I was playing with Harvey today and noticed alarge (thumb sized) build up of feces around his little hind end. As hehates to be picked up (which we try to do as little as possible) Ididn't notice it til he was facing away from me and had his rear end upin the air. I filled a tub with a couple of inches of warm water andput him into it and was able to get him cleaned up. His diet consistsmostly of feed we buy at the local pet store, timothy hay and some oatsor craisens for a treat.

I was wondering if this is a natural occurance, or is this something Ishould be concerned with? Harvey is my first bunny, and being abeginner, I want to try to find out as much as I can to keep himhealthy and happy.

Thanks for any help you can give me (and Harvey.):)

Mike

Age, diet, weight, health and geneticpredisposition can all be factors in the formation of the cecal andfecal pellets. The rabbits generally stay clean on their own,so it is something that should be carefully monitored. Youcan also try applying a little Vaseline around the area to help keepHarvey clean.

Pam

I was waiting for your response Pam. :D I'm always learning from you.

Latest posts

Back