Any suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
I have adjoining NIC cages with Alice and Oreo on one side and Maddie on the other side. This works out well for everyone because Maddie has some company but still has her own "room" like she seems to prefer (she doesn't play nice).

The problem is that Maddie refuses to use her litter box for anything other than sleeping. She pees and poops in the same 2 places on the floorand it leaks over to Alice and Oreo's room. Of course I think this is a territorial issue and she's doing for itAlice (they don'tseem to care for each other). I have tried putting all her poop in the box and soaking the pee up with a paper towel and leaving it in there but it doesn't help. I could move her box to one of the spots but there is no room for a box in the other spot.

I clean their rooms every day so it's not a huge issue as far as smell goes but it gets a littletiresome cleaning puddles of peeand I go thru a lot of paper towels LOL. Moving Maddie to another location is not an option. Any suggestions?

Maybe I could fit a small box in the spot where she pees but what if she just finds a new spot?

I would definitly try to find a box to put in that spot. Even if it restricts her cage space a bit, it will most likely get her going in a confined place.

She may choose to go exclusively in that box, and you might be able to take away the other box.

--Dawn

Well I moved Maddie's box to one of her pee spots and added another small box to the other spot. That worked great for a couple of days but now she pushes the small box over, pees and then attempts to move the box back :?. I know she's doing it to claim "her" territory and I tell her that I'm sure Alice and Oreo are aware that it's her room by now ;). Oh well at least it's only one spot on the floor now instead of two.

Latest posts

Back