any infomation would be

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi guys

took lucy to the vets on friday for her 2nd fur mite injection

he also said at the moment she was going threw a false pregnancy as her tities were full of milk

does anyone no how long this will go on for

her behaviour hasnt changed at all

if anything she is alot more clingie and affectionit

any help on false pregnancies in rabbits would be great

varna xxxx

Don't know. :? Sorry Varna.

But since we were online at the same time, I wanted to say, "Hello!" :)

Glad she's not really pregnant. Are you going to get her fixed? How old is she??

-Carolyn

I have a question for the folks that reply to the pregnancy question.

Fauna isn't spayed; I had adopted her at 5 years old and it was too late. She never has false pregnancies.

Is this a behavior that subsides with age?

-Carolyn

Just wondering if it's a phsycological thing??(you know like humans that sometimes think they are pregnant, strange Iknow but I remember reading something about a lady years ago whothought she was pregnant but she wasn't, she displayed all the signsand symptoms etc)

I'm new to buns Varna, but I do look at a lot of sites so if I happento stumble across anything I'll be sure to post it for you :)

hi carolyn

happy new year even though its abit late

we dont want lucy having babbies so my vet has said to get her spayed in about a months time

for the lifeof me

i cant remember how old she is now

i think just over 6 months old

2nd of sept she was born

met jan (lovabun) on friday

she is a great friend

and thanks to you lot ive made an exellent friend

we went to starbucks and had the GINGERBREAD LATTE COFFEE she was talking about

delicious but full of calories BUT WHAT THE HELL

VARNA XXXX

And A Very Happy New Year to You, Varna! :dude:

Jan thinks so highly of you, as do we all.

I'm glad you Gals are sippin Lattes in Cafes!

Oh, the People and the Places and the Fun that our Rabbits take us to!! It's a blast, isn't it?

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Ooh you should try the White Chocolate Mochacinno! They're to die for!

Would you like to do a rabbit meet sometime in the summer,Varna? We could get Jan and Vickie to come along too... Iknow there are other Brits on here too like bunnymummy, ots3go, etc...so if you like we could do that?

Ang xx

addeytrix wrote:
hi guys

took lucy to the vets on friday for her 2nd fur mite injection

he also said at the moment she was going threw a false pregnancy as her tities were full of milk

does anyone no how long this will go on for

her behaviour hasnt changed at all

if anything she is alot more clingie and affectionit

any help on false pregnancies in rabbits would be great

varna xxxx
False or pseudopregnancy can last 16 -18 days and the doe may evenbegin nestbuilding and lactating (producing milk). Does maybe induced into a false pregnancy by mounting other does, beingmounted, or by firm petting.

It's important to also be aware that illness can also cause theproduction of milk in a doe that doesn't have a litter asitcan indicate uterine or mammary gland cancer.

Pam

Hi Varna, how is Lucy doing today?

Carolyn, we had a great time at Starbucks, a real laugh, and we actually talked about things other than bunny :shock:.

Delphinum, meeting up in the summer sounds great. I can travel (almost)anywhere and my mum originally comes from Nottingham, so somewherearound there would be great. There is also Lindsey from Hartlepool andKate (Rowan) so there are quite a few ofus:dude: - Jan

Carolyn wrote:
I have a question for the folks that reply to the pregnancy question.

Fauna isn't spayed; I had adopted her at 5 years old and it was too late. She never has false pregnancies.

Is this a behavior that subsides with age?

-Carolyn

Not necessarily. Our little Princess had neverbeenbred and occasionally experienced false prenancies throughout her life.

Pam

Latest posts

Back