Any Cavy Breeders?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matsuro

Reaction score
I'm looking for some Cavy breeders, but they seem hard to find via Google! So do you know of any breeders that would ship cavies? I'm looking into getting a Cavy (I moved out and I'm living with my sister for now) she says its okay to get one or a parrot, and I would like a Cavy better.

So let me know, please. Thanks!

I've found two of them, they are at the Humane Society. They are both males, I guess they are bonded.

I don't know if I will get them, so please let me know if you know of any breeders or even rescues that will adopt out of state.

Both are named Norb and Piglet:

c0d4712e-93c1-43d4-8c67-c0d94ee3caa9.jpg

Can anyone tell me the colors of each of them?

I don't know what color they are but they sure are cute.

I was thinking about getting one or two but have to wait till me and hubby move into a place of our own.

A Guinea Pig forum would probably be more useful :D But like Naturestee said, petfinder has a lot of pets listed in shelters that might not otherwise be on the internet. I know I'm addicted to searching through there... 'That one's so cute! Oh wow, look at that one~ ...etc' :biggrin2:

By the way, do NOT get a parrot. They're veeeery difficult to deal with unless you have all day every day to spend with them. (And even then, my mom's conure, Holly, bites anyone that isn't part of the family. Heck, she even bites the family at least once a week :?) Juuust a warning.(Oh yeah, and doves are really nice :) They make such pleasant sounds, too... )

naturestee wrote:
Have you checked Petfinder.com? This cutie is in the same city as you. Just look at that face!
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8685356

I don't know how far it is from you, but the Tampa Bay SPCA has a whole bunch listed although it doesn't have pictures of them.

I was on there this morning they all have been adopted already!

I was thinking about getting this cage I saw, it's suppose to be a rabbit cage, but a cavy can be housed in it too. I think most Cavies can be caged in rabbit cages.

I want at least two as bonded pairs already. There is this one male from this rescue that is a single cavy, they said later to get a friend for him, he is cute, but I want two that are already bonded just incase the one I get doesn't work out.

Thanks everyone for your help so far. The Cavy on the left I think is a Tortie, I looked them up (Cavies not the different colors), and they had them listed as torties.

They also have a trio bonded pair, two daugters and the mom! Cuties also!

I raised cavys for many years.I would keep several females in together and they almost never fought.keeping females together is common.they are easier too bond than rabbits.bluebird

Back