Anxiety?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadams

Reaction score
Hello all,
So background knowledge: My rabbit is about 2 years old now, I’ve had her for almost her entire life, and we’ve lived in our current house for over a year. Her area is her cage, which I always leave open for her to have free range of my bedroom. She RARELY spends time in her actual cage. Today I went out and bought more of her favorite treats and when I went to offer her one, she refused to leave her cage. Throughout the day I’ve tried her other favorite treats, as well as cuddles and pets, And it takes her about 3 minutes to come out of the cage, and then she takes the treat and runs back.
I’m not sure if I should be concerned? Today was completely our normal routine, nothing out of the ordinary has happened recently. She just seems so scared for absolutely no reason.

A loud or strange noise could have scared her, or a strange smell, or even a bug or spider crawling around could be enough to spook a rabbit. Usually within a day or two they will get back to normal, though sometimes it can take longer.

Latest posts

Back