Another question about hay...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
Fergi is a chronic nest maker. Every time I haveto do a "thorough" cleaning and have to throw out her nesting materialshe builds it right back up. She uses, among other things, her alfalfahay to build her nest. Do I need to keep filling up her hay rack whenshe has so much of it already stuffed away? She does not use her houseto go potty in so it stays clean. I just hate to go through so muchalfalfa because it is a lot more expensive than the timothy she won'teat. Also, should I be worried that she has so many false pregnancies?It seems she is just always thinking she is having babies, Ben humpedher head so she made a nest and pulled fur :shock:. We hope to get herspayed after Christmas but until then is this a problem that can causedamage to her? Thanks for any help.

Fergi's mom

Fergi and Gabe

47b4cf33b3127cce9b70741af53700000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf33b3127cce9b707418f53500000016108QZMXDho5bG

Holy moley anotherbig bun!! I want one! your sonis a sweetie to(if thats your son)

I wouldnt think you would have to continueto fill her hay all of the time if she has some in her bed but will sheeat the stuff in her bed? Harley will only eat the hay thats in hisdish, he wont touch the stuff that falls out!! But if shesnot using the bathroom in it why dont you only change her bedding everysecond cage cleaning!! Just a thought, if its not dirty it shoudnt be aproblem that way you wouldnt be throwing it out as often!!and maybe for her dish just fill it half as much as you normallydo?? that way she might take to eating some of herbedding!!

Im not sure about the false pregnancything, but hopefully nothing bad happens, I think its justmore stressful on the does and more of a nuisance than anything, but Ihave no clue!!

Thanks for the reply Brandy, I will try and seeif she will eat it out of her nest, if she doesn't oh well. I hope itis not too stressful on her, poor baby. As for her size, she reallyisn't that big, she is about four pounds, now my baby Flemish on theother hand, thats one big bun, five months and over eight pounds! Don'teven think my little guy could hold on to him! Thanks for the response.

Fergi's mom

Latest posts

Back