another possible problem with izabelle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
so i have no idea about izabelle's background, at all. . . but i know that the hairless gene comes from mainly the rex side of the family. i am honestly wondering if there wasn't some inbreeding going on in this girls background.

her skin is not red, or flaky, it is not itchy or hurt her (she lets me touch it)

when i got her she had some thin hair on her back, right in the middle of the spin, and a small bald spot on her nose. the breeder said that her siblings licked her and pulled the fur right off of her, i honestly have had this happen in litters, so i wasn't all to worried, she was the only one in the litter with any fur loss. i thought i would leave it up to the vet to decide what to do. when i brought her to the vet he agreed with me that was what looked like happened, so we decide to wait to see what happened with it before doing a skin scrap and look for mites. her ears are completely clean might i add you, it was the first thing he checked.

now for the photos:

here is first a link to a yahoo! photos accound with hairless rabbits. . . they are called gremlin.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crystalcavies/album?.dir=a566&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crystalcavies/my_photos

besides these photos, i am having trouble finding ANY information on hairless rabbits. like i said before i know izabelle has rex behind her, she has some astrex fur, a very odd coat everywere the curly coat isn't, curly wiskers, and her sibling were astrex coated as well.

photos of her:

100_1635.jpg

100_1634.jpg

100_1637.jpg

i wish that there was an RO member up here to look at her, because i keep trying to explain why her coat is soo different from any other rabbits coat i have felt, and i can't explain it. . . i will try to get better photos tonight. . . but i have this bridal shower for my sister today, and i have GOT to get going!

i am taking her to the vet on monday when i get out of work (i love banfield for having walk ins. . . it makes my life sooo much easier). i want a full workup on her skin done, if she has bugs, i need to get it under controll before the other rabbits get them (she is kept out away from the other buns, but why risk it)

i just didn't know if any breeders had something like this happen, or if anyone has any information on hairless rabbits. . .

Latest posts

Back