another blossom update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
well I think we will be going back to the vettomorrow morning! Things are just not going well!She still is not eating, trying to get the nutrical down her was atotal fiasco! I think we got nutrical everywhere EXCEPT forin her mouth! She did eat a small piece of carrot top tonight, Ichanged her litterbox about 4 hours ago, and there has been no pees orpoopies since then:( I just got done force feeding her abouta teaspoon of water, and let me tell you, she was notpleased!!!!!! She certainly has her spunk back, and rightabout now, I am sure she HATES me!!! I just do not think Zachcould take it if anything happened to her, but I am really reallyworried! She looks all messy too, she has nutrical all over her andpink yougurt all over her (that was the vets idea, blossom did not taketo that well either:?) gosh please wish us well!! Tracy

Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear blossum isnt eatin, and youre having sucha hard time. I'll say a prayer for her. I hope you wake up in themorning and she's back to her old self.

Lanna

How long has it been since she ate? and since youhad poo or pee? She might need to be taken in beforetomorrow. I have heard 12 hours is the limit. :(

Dear blossombunny,

Don't worry about her hating you, Dear Heart. She doesn't hate you, shehates what she's going through. Your bond will be stronger when this isover.

In the meantime, put your feelings of guilt and her anger on the backburner and keep her hydrated. That's the main thing. Water is mostimportant. If she's not drinking, don't be afraid to give her a syringefull.

Some rabbits appetite is delayed more than others after being underanesthesia. They also won't eat if they're in pain. She's obviouslyuncomfortable.

NutriCal, it's highly recommended as you know for the boost of theimmune system, the nutrients, and the appetite enhancer part of it.Make sure she gets some in her system tonight. All you have to do isput it on her front paws and she'll lick it off.

How do the stitches look? Is it a good color or red and inflammed?

Be strong and know that everything you're doing is for her to getbetter. I know how hard it is to have them run from you with a look ofhatred and fear in their eye, but just talk her through it and she'llbe okay and you will too.

-Carolyn

thanks for the kind words everyone. Ido not know how long it has been since she has gone to thebathroom, I do know that around 3:30ish I changed her litterpan andthat had a small amount of poopie in it and a small amount of urine,but since then nothing. I did manage to get about a teaspoon of waterin her, and am about to go force some more into her afterthis. I will put the nutrical on her paws too. shedoes seem to be feeling better though, she is no longer sitting in thecorner of her cage she is slowly hopping around, and she did munch onsome carrot tops about 20 minutes ago, and she was eating them forabout 30-45 sec. Then she also ate a papya tablet for me andanother piece of captain crunch, so off I go again to be the mean bunnyforce feeder! I did call the vet and he said to wait untilmorning, I hope this is alright. I will keep you posted,again thanks for all the kind words and advice! Tracy andblossom

That's good news, Tracy! :)

She's nibbling and she's hopping a bit more.

If you offer her a piece of celery or a carrot, there's enough of juice in there so that you don't have to give her water.

She sounds like she's starting to come around. Give her some time.

-Carolyn

How's our baby girl, Blossom, doing today?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back