Angry!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
As many of you know, a couple of weeksago I came into my first pet bunny, Figgs. Unfortunately, she died onlya few weeks later at the vet's office. When I was there, they told methat she was clinically dead before they even started working on her,and she never came back. I was told that there was no charge, and thevet showed me to the door personally. I was really impressed at theirprofessionalism and how they didn't charge me when Figgs was obviouslya lost cause (obvious to them, anyway, I was still praying).

BUT NOW...I just got a bill from the animal hospital for
$186.62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo angry! Howcan they bill me like this weeks after the fact when they told me Ididn't owe anything???????? I'm going to call the billing officetomorrow and have a word with them. ESPECIALLY since two days beforeFiggs died I had taken her to the clinic, paid $115, and been told thatshe was fine. Obviously she WAS NOT fine since she DIED not even twodays later.

Am I right to be angry? I'm really upset about this. I need that money to get Winston neutered! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

That's horrible.

When you were told there was 'no charge', were there any witnesses?

-Carolyn

Thats really bad business of them to say nocharge then bill you for it. Do you remember who you talked to. I hopeyou get it figured out. If they insist you pay i dont know if i wouldwant to use them in the future.

Cristy

i would go in and find the people you talkedto. if it's like the 2 vet offices i've visited, there aremore than 1 or 2 receptionists, so one may have automatically sent outa bill not knowing what had been said.

Call the office and just say they (vet) saidthere would not be a charge. All billing is done by computerprograms so if they were no told to remove the charges it would sendout a bill. If they (vet) said there would be no charge theyshould just correct it. Just be very polite and explain thesituation.

Ed

Ed is a wise man! I'dfollowhis advice and get this straightened out. I'msure it was just a billing mistake.

Pam

No Doubt, Ed's advice is the way to go.

Let us know how it works out, NightPoet.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back