Angora kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
Recently my rabbitry gained a business partner and has since kind of split into two sections. I manage the part at my house with the Frenchies, Dutch, and Belgians, and I sold/gave my angoras to my friend who keepsthem at her home about 40 minutes away. The one doe I sold her is nearly a year old and just had her first (living) litter about 7 weeks ago and allt he babies are doing fine.

She also has another doe that she bought as a 6 week old baby. The woman we got most of our Eng. Angoras from is a rather popular and awesome breeder in the area, and we go to her for a lot of advice about our furballs.

Mandi and I were wondering what is the best age to breed a doe. We weren't too worried about Alea, the doe with the litter now because she was nearly a year old and had had a litter before, even if they didn't make it. (first time mom, she n00bed out) But now we have little Niobi to think about. She's still a JR now , I think only like 4-5 months, too young to have a litter at the moment.

The breeder we speak to said not to breedt hem until they are around 9 months since they're a medium-sized breed. I'm usedt o Dutchies being ready to go at 5 months. It makes sense that it would take longer for her to mature...but that long? From my own research it takes French Lops that long to mature.... but i've recently purchsed an awesome breeding pair of Frenchies from an awesome breeder in Illinois (anyone know of Lingle's?) And he tells me he breeds his does at 6 months. Now he's been raising champion lops for years and years and years and his animals are in very high demand and he makes thousands of dollars a year selling them. So I didn't want to doubt his word, y'know? He really has everything down to a science it seems.

So can you see why i'm a little confused? Anyone else raise Eng. Angoras or have any advice on breeding ages to give us? We don't want any bad to come to Niobi and we'll wait as long as we have to, but we don't want to wait an unneccessary extra few months if we don't have to y'know?

-JAK

English Angoras are actually a smaller breed, weighing 5-7 lbs. Five-six months is fine for breeding them. Generally, breeders like to wait until after showing junior (intermediate in larger breeds), then take the does off the show table and breed them.

From Rabbit Production - Age to Breed: small breeds 4 months, medium breeds 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 months(New Zealand, Cal, etc.) and Giants 6-7 months.

Here's a copy on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rabbit-Production-by-Nephi-M-Patton-Peter-R-Cheek_W0QQitemZ170140647625QQihZ007QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

of course, you're so helpful.

I thought 7 pounds was considered ''medium''.

I don't think she plans on showing Niobi much. She may just be strickly a brood doe but thanks so much for the information.

-JAK

That's what I was thinking! Angora kits are so adorable!

Bruno's grandpa is Lingle's Max! :) Wow, I love knowing his history!

Pssst! Jesse! Any french lop pics? :D:D;)

Well, because you asked so nicely....

I have lots of babies...

ArtemisLitter.jpg

Artemis's current litter.

CobaltLitter.jpg

Cobalt's first litter. She had 7. One isn't pictured because he was injured.
HintoLitter2.jpg

Hinto's first litter.

Darko.jpg

One of my french lop does, Darko. Who currently has a litter of.....4? 5? week old babies. All steels. She's a Lingle Lop.

frenchbabies.jpg

And the babies are out of this Lingle Lop - Ziad
Ziad.jpg

Demon.jpg

And then I have this black little girl who's about 4-5 months old now. She was so vicious when I got her and is still calmong down. I don't understand how breeders can just not spend ANY time with the bunniesthey are selling. But I named her ''Demon'' because she's a turd.

THE END.

Well, I can't let myself be called a blasphemer...

Here's the mum...Alea..

alea-1.jpg

Vorenus12.jpg

Andthe dad, Vorenus.

newborns.jpg
The Newborns.

tort.jpg

The only tort, Mandi's favorite.

slippers.jpg

Baybeez.

REW.jpg

A REW and his banana.
hops7.jpg

All the babies in ''the bunny room''.

eats.jpg

And sheh asto put their feed dishes up high because they dig through them and make a mess. So its funny to see them streetttttcchhh.

chocbaby.jpg

Teddy bear!

And that's all i've got.

-JAK

Awwwwwww! BABIES!! :heart:

I think I need one of those frenchie babies! :nodDemon is so adorable! Although I wouldn't want to be messing with a big huge angry lop :shock:!

Those angoras are so sweet! They do remind me of teddy bears hehe!

:woohoo Be still my heart.....Oh, wow! You just made my day with these pictures!! Someday I will have an Angora or two- I just feel it would be unfair to have them outside in Florida with this heat and humidity. I hope to have a temp controlled bunny area someday!!!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! I love the litter of steels, too, and the dutches all in a row is too cute!!!! That's my favorite picture to take when one of my friends dutch have babies.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Well, I can't let myself be called a blasphemer...

tort.jpg

chocbaby.jpg

Teddy bear!

And that's all i've got.

-JAK

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
tort.jpg

slippers.jpg

Baybeez.

REW.jpg

A REW and his banana.
hops7.jpg

All the babies in ''the bunny room''.

eats.jpg

And sheh asto put their feed dishes up high because they dig through them and make a mess. So its funny to see them streetttttcchhh.

chocbaby.jpg

Teddy bear!

Aww ... They look like little bunny plushies! They're precious. :) Time to update my bunny napping list.

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back