Angels, Friends and Soul-mates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
This morning I didas I do every morning. I poured my first cup of coffee after my littleone left for school and sat down to check on my bunny friends. I hadgone through several threads, checked some updates and began to gothrough a couple new threads when suddenly a "Happy BirthdayRaspberrySwirl" post was there. I saw that Jan had left the message andthought that was so sweet and I clicked on it. The screen flicked atime or two and the thread came up but it wasn't Jan's message, it wasa bunch of messages! Jan's was just the first of many from my dearfriends. I couldn't believe all of you did that and I was still stumpedon how I had been on the forum for 10-15 minutes and it hadn't shown upthe whole time I was on…..I was in tears…and I hit the reply button.Then just as I began to reply the phone rang. It was Carolyn wishing mea Happy Birthday. I totally lost it and started crying. I explained toher that ever since I was a little girl my Mom was always the firstperson to wish me Happy Birthday every year. She always made sure hergirls birthdays were special and still got celebrated with parties andcake and ice-cream…even though we were all grown up and had families ofour own. My Mom died three years ago and things haven't been the samesince. It'snot the stuff, it's the changes...So itwas really special to have this wonderful "surprise party" from myfriends when I got on the forum this morning.

How could the day get any more special than that?

I wouldn't have thought it could untilthis afternoon when abeautiful floral arrangement wasdeliverd with a card that said "Mom wishes you a very HappyBirthday". :)

RaspberrySwirl

Dearest Raspberry Swirl,

When you were crying like that for your mom, she heard you. I felt likeI was on a three-way call because I could hear and feel her upsetbecause you couldn't hear her birthday wishes to you.

She still was the first one to call this morning because I hadn'trealized that it was your birthday at that point. I was calling to talkabout Bryan's resume. I looked at the screen myself and saw the notefrom Jan then.

Your mom worked through a couple of us to get her birthday wishes to you.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweetheart. I hope you enjoy every day this year as much as we all love you.

Love,
-Carolyn

P.S.

The funny thing was that when I rang you, you said, "How did you do that??"

I didn't do that alone; I had help. :)

"Look Daddy! Teacher says, 'Every time you hear a bell ring, an Angel gets its Wings."

-It's A Wonderful Life

it is so touching. I wish you a very very Happy Birthday!!!
It is so amazing when a mother makes birthdays for her kids speciallike that, even when they grow up. I just hope I will be able to do thesame for my kids.

I enjoyed that story. That was special. We all have and need angels in our lives. I believe that.

People make fun of me sometimes because they think I go overboard formy daughter's birthday. I don't think so. It's herday. I always wake her up with a birthday kiss and tell herHappy Birthday and give her a card. If it's a school day, Isend flowers to school. I usually take her out to eat on herbirthday. And I have a party for her and her friends onanother day. I don't see anything wrong with that.I've had some people say, you should do one or the other.Either take her to dinner or have a party. I don't thinkso.

I'm trying to complete a scrap book for my mom for Christmas with oneof her old photo albums. I came across a picture the othernight of one of my birthdays. And my heart melted.It was my favorite one, with the most beautiful cake. Itoccured to me then, that's where I get it from.

babymommy wrote:
Ienjoyed that story. That was special. We all haveand need angels in our lives. I believe that.

People make fun of me sometimes because they think I go overboard formy daughter's birthday. I don't think so. It's herday. I always wake her up with a birthday kiss and tell herHappy Birthday and give her a card. If it's a school day, Isend flowers to school. I usually take her out to eat on herbirthday. And I have a party for her and her friends onanother day. I don't see anything wrong with that.I've had some people say, you should do one or the other.Either take her to dinner or have a party. I don't thinkso.

I'm trying to complete a scrap book for my mom for Christmas with oneof her old photo albums. I came across a picture the othernight of one of my birthdays. And my heart melted.It was my favorite one, with the most beautiful cake. Itoccured to me then, that's where I get it from.
My Aunt, (my Mom's sister) and I had aconversation about that last night. I think you do get a lot of thosethings from your Mom. I know I do the same for my kids. It's a goodthing. We gave them life on that day and it's only natural that foreverand ever we want them to feel special on that day. It's never beenabout the material gifts for me, it's about the "celebration" of itbeing that person's day. How better to do it than for there to exist aconnection between mother and child, always on a birthday?

Raspberry

ONE DAY, that is all I missed on this forum andsee what happens? Raspberry you go and have a birthday and I miss it :(OH OH OH I am soooo sending you belated birthday wishes and hope youhad a most wonderful day (which by the sounds of it started out justamazing) Your a special person, and what a beautiful way to have yourday start! Thank you for sharing.

Much Love

Cher, Jezebel and Jaden (whom, by the way sent you (via air) belated bunny kisses and hugs)

Thank you so muchfor those special kisses! I take kisses any way I can get them! Wait aminute, that didn't sound so good! :?Alrighty then, I takebunny kisses any way I can get them! :cool:

RaspberrySwirl

Raspberry,

I agree. I will have to see if I can scan that picture Ifound and post it. Something funny, when I got around 14 or15, I started making birthday cakes for my mom while she was atwork. My sister and I stayed home by ourselves over theSummer then. Her birthday is in June, so I would bake her acake while she was at work and surprise her with it when she gothome. I would have dinner (spagahetti) ready and hercake. My mom was a single mom, like me and I always wanted totry to make her day a little easier so she wouldn't have so much to doso much when she got home. I keep waiting for my daughter todo the same, but no luck so far. She's just like mysister.:p But that's ok, she shows it in other ways.

Latest posts

Back