amazing what people will do for money

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like what capitalism is all about - by cutting the NIC cube - they're providing a service that some folks may not want to do - and it looks like they're giving all sorts of ideas, etc. as to how to use the cubes (in kits they're selling or whatever).

Wish I'd had the idea first!

I think this is kind of funny.

My dad is a landscaper, who has done many, many jobs and such that includes cutting metal and all sorts of things. He's got a lot of tools. He could cut the NIC cubes himself! XD

And I'm sure a lot of people could get wire cutters and EASILY cut the NIC cube themselves if they REALLY wanted to.

So all these people are doing is giving us ideas and such.

Business fail :)

I think this is a good idea :).

Reminds me of when I used to sew/sell rat hammocks on a rat forum, where quite a few of us did. People would buy them like crazy (and they weren't cheap & rats just chewed them up anyway)...when you could easily sew them yourself :p.

Not a bad idea I have started selling toys for dogs cats and bunnies. I can sell them for up to double the price and people buy them. I do not sell online only locally. But to make the toys most folks pay 10 to 15 bucks for in the store could cost five to build.

At one point I built basic cat trees and after the hurricane they went like wild fires. It would cost 20 or 30 to make and I could get 60 for them easy. These people are doing the same thing petsmart petco and all these companies do to us daily. Do you think those store bought rabbit cages cost 100 to 200 bucks to build more like 30 or 40?

Another way to look at it is ox bow hay. If people up north can go get timothy hay balls for 10 bucks why do they sell small boxes of it for 50 or 60 bucks?

Those prices are actually pretty close to what I had to pay for the grids. Each box was 20 dollars and had 20 girds, but some of the grids were the large size. So really, this might have been a better deal overall.

Also, I gotta say that there is a lot wrong with how walmart goes about its business practices. We don't really have walmarts around here, but a LOT of people have a big problem with the way they do business. I'd rather give my money to someone else.

lol with walmart, if it's going to last a while and it's cheep i'll buy it. if it breaks i know not to do business with them. it's just that i first found my grids in walmart, but now i buy in canadian tire.

BTW I'm not mad at them I'd do the same thing. They are just trying to make money and if someone is stupid enough to buy them then that their fault!

Wire cutters will not cut through NIC grids, you need the serious bolt cutters or a hack saw. My bf sawed a NIC grid and it was a pain in the bum and made lots of annoying noise. Granted, I didn't mind that much, but some people might.

You could probably use a grinder. It's loud but we have used a grinder to cut through a lot of metal things. You just have to have the right disk.

I think this is actually a really smart idea for an internet store. There are a lot of people who have a difficult time finding the grids in their area, and end up paying a lot of money to have them shipped, or spend days and lots of gas driving all over town. I had a lot of problems finding coroplast, and when I did find it, I could ONLY buy it in the full 4'x8' sheets. (They would cut it, for an extra charge, but I had to pay for the full sheet.) Not a great value when you only need a smaller piece, or if you have a small car and can't transport the full sheet.

At least by ordering from this store, you know you'll get exactly what you need for your selected cage. Plus, it gives people who might otherwise get a little pet store cage another option, even if they're not super-creative.

If you think this is a silly money-making venture, you should spend more time on Etsy. There are plenty of things there that are just crazy. LOL.

lol yea its a good idea, i just find it weird that people would sell double for half.

No I know what you're saying. I think it's kinda crazy myself, but if I was them I'd be happy too! I just hope they don't try to patent the idea :X. etsy....I just looked there before coming onto here and I must say that that place is pretty insane :).

lol we should all start it and sell it on e-bay. money goes to animal shelter supplies

HAHA! I already have the husband interested.....we're going to go to a sign store soon and buy some coroplast. I'm also going to line it with foam ABC tiles :)

Wow...the ramps in the one 3 story 2x2 cage look really steep...and unstable... Anyone else notice that?

The way they cut those NIC panels is pretty interesting too. Weird shaped doors. haha.

Emily

Latest posts

Back