Amaretto is a bun who know what she wants!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
I was stressing out over my Amaretto "giant bunnygirl" situation this weekend. My hubby said no more bunnies could sleeploose in my bedroom with us, because we kept waking up to a giant bunnyjumping into bed with us. I tried keeping her confined to the kitchenarea at night to sleep, but she was having to much fun making messes toget any sleep. I decided to move her down to the rabbit room, and bunnyproofed it so she couldnt damage anything or herself. She had freereign of the room, and had her water, food, and sleeping all made upfor her. She seemed to really like it, and loved hopping around theroom exploring everything and anything. I felt pretty good about theset up, and checked on her many times before it was offically "lightsout" for bunny bed time.

In the morning I went down to turn on the lights, and my big girl wasnowhere in sight! I looked everywhere for her, and panicked, thinkingthat she had somehow gotten out of the rabbit room and was roamingaround the rest of the basement which is bunny proofed. I was walkingout of the rabbit room when out of the corner of my eye I saw somethingvery large and white in Carmelita and her babies' hutch. Amaretto musthave wanted some companionship and decided that she liked Carmelita'sbunny-mansion so much that she wanted to be a member of the royalfamily. She must have hopped in the hutch in the middle of the nightand decided to stay. The two girls get along wonderfully, and Amarettojust loves to nuzzle with the two babies. She could hop out way easierthen she hopped in, because of the "loft" in the hutch, but she hasnteven thought about it.....

It amazes me that Amaretto took care of the bunny-hutch dilema I was having all by herself! What initiative that big girl has!

So this is an open hutch? How sweet that she found a friend or 3 LOL!

It really amazes me that some bunnies don't bond and others just find someone to bond with immediately!

Ok,... we need pics of the happy roomies! :D

Fergi wrote:
Thatsfantastic! You must have a little social butterfly on your hands! I amsure she was busy all night interviewing possible roomies!

Fergi's mom

Do you like bunnies?

Do you have any allergies to bunnies?

Do you mind grooming?

Do you mind being snuggled?

Do you smoke?

Do you have any pets?

;)

Lol!!!!! I think Amaretto WAS deciding who shewanted to room with because she went up to each and every hutch and hadto nuzzle with the other bunnies through the wire. Then she just satfor the longest time, undoubtedly she must have been debating herdecision...."Hmmmmmmmm- who should i pick to bond with? Who seems thenicest? what a tough bunny decision!" and she must have thoughtCarmelita and the babes were the best candidates. It is so nice to seethat the bunnies can decide these things for themselves! :)

Latest posts

Back