Albon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
This could go in the Infirmary, but I think it also applies here as many breeders treat everyone for coccidiosis this time of year.

I have some questions- I know the dosage for the regular oral suspension (two ccs, as a general rule), of the vanilla flavored stuff, but some breeders put Albon in the rabbit's water- how do they do this? Do they put a few pills in the water and dissolve them?

Does anyone know about this?

I use liquid Albon(Comes at12.5 % strength) and I mix 1 oz. to a gallon of water and give it to them as their only source of water (for 5 days on, 3 days off and 5 days on), as a preventative, or up to 20 days straight for treatment. Vanilla or other flavoring helps, because it is slightly bitter tasting. Some rabbits don't mind it, other do.

I'm wondering if the vet we normally get Albon from puts the vanilla flavoring into the Albon. Because the stuff we've always gotten has been rather thick and palatable.

What does the liquid you get look like? Is is sort of thick and yellow, and vanilla flavored, or is it just a bitter-tasting, non-vanilla liquid?

I get it by the gallon, it's yellow and "watery" (not thick). I add either vanilla or cherry flavor with it. Up til recently, I've only used it as a preventative.

I know it comes in paste also. I didn't know it was pre-flavored...

How much does a gallon cost, and where do you get it?

(PM me if you'd rather do that)

Latest posts

Back