advantage multi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Advantage is safe for bunnies. Im not sure about the "multi" part and if that makes a difference. I would consult with a vet before giving any type of medication.

Heres our Library file on Ear Mites, which has some good info and discussions about different methods of treatment.

I cannot get the link but I totally agree with haley..
don't give it until you know what the "multi" is and/or a rabbit knowlegeable vet describes to you why it is safe.

Well, I actually work at a vets. I called bayer today to ask them. When I talked to the vet there he just kept saying advantage wasn't labeled for rabbits. I had the vet I work with call instead. They faxed him a study on advantage multi being used in rabbits. Seems it is safe and effective.

I don't think that you should use it until you learn more about it.
I have never heard of the 2 chemicals in this drug being safe for rabbits. it kills heartworm,all kinds of worms that rabbits don't even have and skin conditions,

I don't know about this product but I would Personally NEVER use it on a rabbit without a lot more info.

Why not use Advantage or revolution . Why even play ariound with a drug that has no info on it other than that put out by bayer?

Revolution is safe. It is used on rats and it was used on my bunnies before.

angieluv wrote:
I don't think that you should use it until you learn more about it.
I have never heard of the 2 chemicals in this drug being safe for rabbits. it kills heartworm,all kinds of worms that rabbits don't even have and skin conditions,

I don't know about this product but I would Personally NEVER use it on a rabbit without a lot more info.

Why not use Advantage or revolution . Why even play ariound with a drug that has no info on it other than that put out by bayer?
Nobody in my area carries revolution or advantage. I would rather buy from a vet than a shady online company. Advantage multi is imidicloprid and moxidectin.Regular advantage is imidicloprid. I realize that advantage multi kills parasites that rabbits don't get. So does revolution.

Anyway, one of the vets also called UC Davis. They gave her lots of good info. I was also able to find doses of the moxidectin in the plumb manual.

werecatrising wrote:
Does anyone know if this product is ok for bunnies? I tried to do a search online, but all I came up with is this:
http://jarvm.com/articles/Vol3Iss4/HANSEN%20IJARVM%20%20V3N4.pdf

You asked us if it was safe. I am saying that I would order online (-800-pet-meds is not a shady company) rather than take a risk with any product that I wasn't 100% and more sure of.

I asked randy to respond to this post but apparently he has been very busy. I would at least wait for his response.

I know a lot of people use 1 800 pet meds, but I don't trust them. The companies that make the various flea/heartworm products don't sell to them. There is no telling where they get stuff from. They also sell counterfeit product.

Latest posts

Back