Acting out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susansheila

Reaction score
Okay, I'm back.
My 1 year old female (altered) dwarf and 4 month old male (not altered yet) flemish have been living together. And getting along great until recently. My flemish has been going after my dwarf. More so at night.
But now he seems to be calmed down and is real sweet with her again.
I'm guessing this is hormonal. But want to make sure.
He is litered box trained but will have loose poos in the cage. Is he marking the place and will this stop when he's altered?
Thanks!!

My Teeny did that at about that age...or at least started getting VERY into wanting to mate. Is that what you mean by "going after"? As in, chasing down and trying to mount? I never put Teeny with any of my other buns, but he certainly would've tried to mate with anyone he could get around, given that his cage was nearby a sweet girl we have (Flower), and he would make noises of desperation and run back and forth in front of her when she would lay near him in her cage.

As far as the pooping slowing down after neutering...I can't really promise that. When we got our Fiver neutered, his didn't slow down at all...and he's a SERIOUS floor pooper. So much so, that when he lays down on the floor, and slides his legs out to stretch while laying, a shower of poops rains down! LOL!

Back