Ace has a breathing issue...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybunny11

Reaction score
Ace, if you pick him up you can hear him Wheezing:lookaround He was my second ever rabbit and just turned 3 a couple months ago. Our friend gave us some medicine but we can't take him to the vet. We really have no money at all and I am nervous...

My Muffin will wheeze when she's scared, like when you pick her up. Might it be this? What is the medicine? Are you sure it's a sickness and not just fear? If you think he's sick, you really need to go to the vet. 3 is not very old, and if it is an upper respiratory infection, you need to make sure you treat it with the right antibiotic. Rabbits are very sensitive to antibiotic use due to their complex intestinal "good" bacteria, and many upper respiratory infections in rabbits are caused by bacteria that are resistant to some antibiotics. The vet will do a culture of the bacteria and determine which antibiotics will kill the bacteria. If you cannot afford to take your bunnies to the vet, consider CareCredit, which is like a credit card for veterinary care that you can pay off gradually. Some vets will also do installation payments. Some shelters can also help you get lower cost veterinary care. I hope it's just him being afraid of being picked up, but please consider that you have a responsibility to provide veterinary care for your animals.

Vets will work on a payment plan if you really don't have the money. Even if you offer to pay a little at a time. I had to that myself. Apply for Care Credit if you qualify. Good luck.

tonyshuman wrote:
My Muffin will wheeze when she's scared, like when you pick her up. Might it be this? What is the medicine? Are you sure it's a sickness and not just fear? If you think he's sick, you really need to go to the vet. 3 is not very old, and if it is an upper respiratory infection, you need to make sure you treat it with the right antibiotic. Rabbits are very sensitive to antibiotic use due to their complex intestinal "good" bacteria, and many upper respiratory infections in rabbits are caused by bacteria that are resistant to some antibiotics. The vet will do a culture of the bacteria and determine which antibiotics will kill the bacteria. If you cannot afford to take your bunnies to the vet, consider CareCredit, which is like a credit card for veterinary care that you can pay off gradually. Some vets will also do installation payments. Some shelters can also help you get lower cost veterinary care. I hope it's just him being afraid of being picked up, but please consider that you have a responsibility to provide veterinary care for your animals.

sounds like this Rabbit needs a medical professional

if he is wheezing he is having trouble breathing .........

could be alower respiratory infection..

at least try to work out a plan with your vet to pay over time....

You are responsible for his care and it may simply take a round of antibiotics to get him through it.........:?

Latest posts

Back